These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

1 button blackout -> lasers on

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
Bryzer
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

1 button blackout -> lasers on

Post by Bryzer »

Hi,

It would be cool to have a button witch you can press so all (or the pre-selected) the fixtures blackout and the (pre-selected) fixtures turn on. This does really come in handy when you have to switch from moving heads to lasers. It's really hard to get the timing right when you need to switch this fast. You first have to turn the moving heads off, then select the laser fixtures and turn them on. It does sound now as I'm typing this that it is nothing. But honestly, it is really hard to have the perfect timing. You're always a little to early or to late because of the button work. If this could be placed under one customize able button it would be great!

Also, if there is someone who has a tip for this it would be great!

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: 1 button blackout -> lasers on

Post by dmxlighting »

this could be done using 'cue list buttons' or 'override buttons'
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
scanlight
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: 1 button blackout -> lasers on

Post by scanlight »

you can use the override buttons to accomplish this
turn of/blackout everything, turn on lasers :fs:

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”