These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

NanoKontrol and submasters

Questions regarding general external control forum.
Peter B.
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

NanoKontrol and submasters

Post by Peter B. »

A few years back, I programmed my NanoKontrol to control the Submaster window.
I couldn't get the faders and knobs to work, so I'm using the buttons to control the Run, Go and Back functions.
Before I spend hours trying to get the faders and/or knobs to work, I would like to know if it is possible to use them today?
I would like either the faders or knobs to control the Go and Back, and buttons to control Run and Stop.

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: NanoKontrol and submasters

Post by Spirit »

there have been a new Feature on freestyler to control the GO and BACK on a fader/encoder or pot.. you need to search for "Submaster list change 1".

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Peter B.

Post by Peter B. »

Where can I find "Submaster list change 1"? I cannot see it in the midi control window? (Latest version).

Btw, I have lost my NanoKontol, so i'll have to buy a new one, V.2. I just have to be sure, the faders/knobs works to kontrol the submasters lists.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

hi it should be between

Submaster intens. 1~20 and submaster toggle 1~20

but maby :? i have it because i have a Beta version from the devolper..
but i'm not realy sure ;)
i see 3.5.1 doesnt have it..

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Peter B.

Post by Peter B. »

Can't find it in 3.5.2. Damn!
Then I got to find another controller. I just need 5 faders and 15 buttons for Go, Run and Back.
lindsayward
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by lindsayward »

Hi Peter. I don't think I had any trouble setting up my NanoKontrol with the faders, buttons, knobs.
With 3.5.4 (new version this month) you can set your knob to scroll through the submaster list (Submaster list change n), and your fader to control the intensity (Subm. Intensity n)- then one button can be toggling run/stop (Submaster Toggle n) or one button for each ( (Submaster Run n, Submaster Stop n).
If you prefer to use buttons for Back/Go you could use 2 buttons for those and one for toggling run/stop.

Let us know how that goes.

Return to “General Midi Controllers”