These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Crazy Idea

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
jopoloco
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Crazy Idea

Post by jopoloco »

I'm new to freestyler and i'm wondering if there is a way to take a song and put it in a time line, and then add dmx values to that time line at certain points to create a light show just for that song so that every time its played it plays exactly the same lightshow. I know it would be time consuming to do that for every song in my library but It would be a great option to at least be able to do it to all my crowd favorite songs, In this age of progression I think it would be another step forward for DJ's. Just a thought.

Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA

Re: Crazy Idea

Post by Mattotone »

If you use virtual Dj there is a plugin which interfaces with Freestyler to do this.
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024
jopoloco

Post by jopoloco »

Thanks for the info, I found the plugins only there are no tutorials on how to get them to work. i'm really not tech savy so I've tried to just work with the plugins and its driving me crazy. Does anyone know where I can get more info. Thanks
DJDaveSA
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.6
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by DJDaveSA »

Let me know what you want to do and I can try assist and give you examples of the code you put in VDJ.
jopoloco

Post by jopoloco »

I would like to know how to insert a sequence or cue button into a song at at particular part of the track, have it play for 5 seconds and then turn off. Can I insert more than one sequence or cue button at a time? how do I save track so that every time I play song it will remember lighting sequences?

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”