These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Groups and Sub Groups

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
samson1781
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.1

Groups and Sub Groups

Post by samson1781 »

Hi,

I have a question or an idea.

in FS we can make our devices in Grops but i world be happy if i coud make the devices in sub groups
an example:

i have 2 KLS-200 (each KSL has 4 LED RGB Spots)
and i want that each spot does randomly change color i use "Each fixture separately" in S2L

now i want that all spots makes the same color an do in momet all 8 (2x 4 each KLS) spots in 1 Group an do "By fixture group" in S2L

ok and now i want that he makes on each KSL the spots together like KLS1-spot1 with KLS2-Spot1, KLS1-Spot2 with KLS2-Spot2 ..... but that isnt possible
but their are all together u can only make each device seperatly or all Groups together

now my idea:
u make a main Group (G1) and 1 subgroup with all 8 spots
now we make a sec Main Group (G2) and 4 subgrops with each has 2 spots

now u can take choice in S2L u want all teh same color u take G1
and now u want that all do random u make seperatly
and at last u want that the 2 KSL do every spot on it randomly but the Kls makes the same colors lieke one copy the other u say run G2 in S2L

here a picture i paintet :

this is only a example i can imagine a lot of usefull combinationes with devices u can make if u have in "gruops" the Main and Sub Groups with u can combine ur devices

Sorry for my Bad english and i hope u understand what i mean

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Groups and Sub Groups

Post by dmxlighting »

I think I follow what you want to do and I think you should look at the dmx400 feature in FS.
I don't think many people use it but it could suit ur needs .?

Let me know if I this has been any help
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”