These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Tapped Out - Need Help

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
dwebb1911
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Tapped Out - Need Help

Post by dwebb1911 »

I have a real mess on my hands. I built a fixture profile for a simple RGB LED Par 64 (Northwest Lighting FX Passport Par 64) can in both Fixture Creator for Freestyler and Scan Library Editor for 3D Easy View. I built these on laptop “A” now I need to use them on laptop ‘B’. I copied and pasted the files into the correct folder and the fixture will not work in 3D Easy View. This fixture is very simple, DMX:

Channel 1: Master Dimmer
Channel 2: Red
Channel 3: Green
Channel 4: Blue
Channel 5: Strobe
Channel 6: Color Mix (R,G, B)

I need 3d Easy View to work. I don’t have a shop and my lights live on the truck. I need to be able to program my shows at home using the visualizer.

Currently R G B Channels work ONLY IF the strobe channel is activated. If I remove the strobe channel from the Scan Library fixture profile then everything works as intended. So it seems that my problem lies there. I would love to upload these profiles if someone be so kind as to review them.

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Tapped Out - Need Help

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Make sure that you have the latest beta version download for 3D easy view, that should then solve the problem with the strobe and everything should work correctly.

Nathan
dwebb1911

Post by dwebb1911 »

Nope. I originally installed the EV beta version on this machine but it wouldn't work at all. So I used a version with an 8/12 build date. It would run pre-installed fixtures. Let me clarify. I had all my shows, fixtures, cues sequences etc.. running on a Win 7 machine with FS version 3.5.2 and the beta EasyView exe installed in FS there. I need that machine to record audio. So I have an older XP machine that I loaded FS 3.5.2 to use for lights. This laptop is a XP SP3 machiine with 1.79 GHz processor 768 mg ram 128 video ram. It should run this stuff perfectly well.
After your suggestion I downloaded (to the XP machine) EV beta again version 13.121.0.161 Beta. I copied the EasyView.exe file to FS and now I have no use. EV will load but will show no 'beams. Not even a conventional par 64. I also copied known good working fixture profiles (from the Win 7 machine to the XP machine) for FS and EV into their respective folders on this machine. Nothing. I am really at a dead end.
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Does the easy view 3D show "DMX offline"?? If it does make sure you have "virtual interface" selected in setup of freestyler
dwebb1911

Post by dwebb1911 »

Yes it does indicate DMX 'Off Line'. But I have the virtual interface installed. Since my last post I have uninstalled FV, 3DEV, and Sunlite Suite 2. Reinstalled FS and 3DEV with the Beta file. But still have the problem. I have done this install in the last couple of months on 2 other machines and I am familiar with the procedure. Looking back 'drummasheen' post--

due to issues with the combination above (lightbeams not visible when not using strobe) I pointed this to the Sunlite forum and got the following answer:

Re: Easy View 3D and Freestyler 3.5.2

Postby simonB » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:05 pm
Hi Joachim

We had to update our communications protocol due to some Chinese piracy issues. Freestyler will need to update their software and use our latest library to keep compatibility with the latest version
Simon
--
Sales/Support

Will there be an update in the nearer future? I would be really happy to get this working again soon ...

Best regards, Joachim

This reply from Sunlite suggests we have a different problem than the 3D Easyview exe file problem. And coincidentally Friday 25 Jan was about the time I started this project. My timing -- perfect as usual !! Thanks for all your help. I hope we can figure this out.
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Well, I'm stumped as it's happening to a few people. I suppose all we can really do is wait and see I suppose.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

Hi i will send a E-mail to the devolper and see waht he says about it..

EDIT: i got a e-mail and the devolper will make contact with Nicolaudia.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
dwebb1911

Post by dwebb1911 »

Thank you both very much for your help with this issue. I will look forward to hearing the resolution.
gothambeat
DJ
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by gothambeat »

I"ve got a question on the install. When you install the FS with 3dev, it puts the Easyview_data, EasyviewLIbrary, and Scan Library in the FS directory structure but when you install the beat 3DEV directly from nicolaudio, it installs in the SLMEV directory.

I would assume the fixtures you want to use/create/edit should exist in the structure under FS directory and not SLMEV. Is that correct?
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

gothambeat wrote:I"ve got a question on the install. When you install the FS with 3dev, it puts the Easyview_data, EasyviewLIbrary, and Scan Library in the FS directory structure but when you install the beat 3DEV directly from nicolaudio, it installs in the SLMEV directory.

I would assume the fixtures you want to use/create/edit should exist in the structure under FS directory and not SLMEV. Is that correct?
I believe so if I remember correctly, but there is no harm to put them in both and just double check as I can't remember for sure.
dwebb1911

Post by dwebb1911 »

From the thread " Freestyler 3.5.2 with 3D Easy View"

hi drummasheen,

you also need to update MEVP.dll. in latest beta dated 1.february 2013 there
is MEVP.zip archive. Just extract new MEVP.dll (82944bytes) to your freestyler
directory and it should start to work. I'm using freestyler 3.5.0 and it works.
let me know if it worked for you.

PS: not only MEVP.dll is different from previous versions. also dasword.dll
and dlloem.dll is different in size.

best regards

pishtak

This worked for me !! Thanks for the good work pishtak !!!

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”