These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Tap Tempo does not sync

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
NoiseMaker
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Tap Tempo does not sync

Post by NoiseMaker »

I don't know where to post this since there actually are no general help section on this forum(!).

I have just started learning Freestyler and have tried hooking it up to a BFS2000. While I've grasped some things there's a lot of stuff I don't understand.

One thing in particular is the Tap Tempo function. No matter if I use the mouse and click the tempo button or if I tap a button on my controller the tempo wont sync to the music. It is always a to slow. Why is this?

It is the exact same trouble I had with a Stairville DMX Master II which I returned. They said it was a know firmware bug!

(In what part of the forum are you supposed to post questions like this?)

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Tap Tempo does not sync

Post by Spirit »

tap tampo button?!? not the Tap sync button?

and the sync can be a bit off indeed, but it never has been a Issue for me as nobody will see this.. only you..

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
NoiseMaker
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Re: Tap Tempo does not sync

Post by NoiseMaker »

Whatever the name of the function is it's very much noticeable 'cause it's way out of sync.

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”