These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

IMG DMX-120

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
RoySlough
Has mastered Fixture Creator
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

IMG DMX-120

Post by RoySlough »

Hello, Brand new to freestyler so excuse if I appear a novice.

I have a parallel port DMX-120 from some years ago, which I didnt use much because the software was very limited.
However my lighting desk is becoming restricted follow the addition of two moving heads taking 15 channels each - so I have decided to investigate software based control.

As I have a DMX interface I should see how far I can go with it before spending hundreds of pounds on a new box.

SO will freestyler work with a parallel DMX-120 and what do I have to do to make it recognize/talk to this box.
Not sure if I have any drivers for it - being a parallel device not sure if there are any drivers applicable?

Advice please.

Thank you

RoySlough

Re: IMG DMX-120

Post by RoySlough »

OK Guys, I have been looking and neither my laptop or desktop have Parallel ports!!!
(where did they go? doesn't anyone have printers nowdays)

This means either I have to use a V old computer (which probably wont have a recent enough operating system) or but a DMX interface.

I have decidef to invest in a cheap USB interface to get familiar with Freestyler, then later if I find I like the software but the interface is poor I can upgrade OR I can look at other interfaces with their own software.

Post any comments you like against this so other novices/newbies can see your opinions

Thanks
Roy
RoySlough

Re: IMG DMX-120

Post by RoySlough »

PS I noticed a couple of spelling mistakes, it should read
Buy a DMX interface.
I have decided

I have read the FAQ and it says I should be able to edit the post using the edit button - but there is no button I can see/find - If anyone wishes to enlighten me - I would be grateful

Return to “DMX Interfaces”