These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Quickly Selecting which Lights will run Sequences

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
sirwesley
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Quickly Selecting which Lights will run Sequences

Post by sirwesley »

Is there any way to quickly select a group of lights and tell them to run a sequence?

It seems the sequence editor makes me pick the lights I want involved at the beginning. It would be nice to select the group and say "Run Sequence". Sometimes I have par cans that I want to run the sequence, while others do not. other times I want them to be included in the sequence. If there were a way to select the fixtures I want to run the sequence and click apply, while the unselected fixtures would not be affected.

This would allow me to have zones at different venues where I could run them all at the same time using the same sequence or have two different sequences running in the different zones.

This would require that the light profiles be separated from the lights themselves. When I create a sequence I would only select the light profile(s) to program the sequence, not the DMX addressed Lights. When it comes time to play the sequence I could select the Lights that are mapped to DMX channels, select the sequence I want those lights to play and click "apply" to have that sequence executed on only those lights selected.

Sorry for rambling about it in so many different ways, It's just getting frustrating having to go back and edit my sequences to remove a light. Also, I see a quick way to remove a light from sequence from the "right click dropdown", but is there a quick way to add a light to a sequence?

Best Regards,
Wesley

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Quickly Selecting which Lights will run Sequences

Post by Nathanrs93 »

if you get the new version which is 3.5 you can do this no problem.
sirwesley
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by sirwesley »

Really?!? How and to which question? I am actually setting up 3.5 now and in the pain of re-configuring everything, I'm trying to be smarter about how a configure everything, and maybe learn a few more features that will simplify my life a little more.

So two questions:

1. Is there an easy way to select which lights will run a particular sequence?

2. If there is not a way to do what I ask in question 1, is there a way to quickly add another light to a programmed sequence, instead of copy and pasting each scene to the new light, stepping one scene at a time.

Hope that clarifies.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi,

I believe on the new one you can select them all easily with the new sidebar feature on the side?? Then if you didn't want one fixture, just disselect it.

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”