These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Cheap Fog Machine ?

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
plan_G
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Cheap Fog Machine ?

Post by plan_G »

All I can find on-the-cheap are non dmx machines. What is everyone using?

~G

spankthafunk
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Cheap Fog Machine ?

Post by spankthafunk »

Chauvet. How much you trying to spend?
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

i have 2x Antari HZ-400 hazer.
i like them allot because if i plug in the Power it doesnt need to heat up i can use it right away.
and it doesnt need to heat up so i can let them run alll night longgggg!
Only fluids are expensive but it takes i think someware of 168hour (7days) non stop to run out of a Fluid of 5L.

but i would pay alittle bit more for a Smoke machine because i also used cheap smoke machines.
but they allways stopt working after somewhile. now with the Antari i allready have 2 years and they allways work!

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

oww and i have them secondhand because they are used at a vanue i also do some work at so they are 5years old.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
plan_G

Post by plan_G »

I don't see my post from this afternoon. Maybe I didn't hit 'send'. I might be more of a candidate for a non-DMX machine with a wireless remote. Due to some major band changes this year, I'm not running lights very often, so, not much $$. All the guys ask is that there be some fog, as it's more of a metal show than the previous band I was running for. I really need something less than $200, ideally more like $100. I'll keep searching for used stuff.

Any tips are certainly welcome

G
spankthafunk
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by spankthafunk »

I have a chauvet for $200 with dmx channel and wireless remote.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi,

I would find that a low fogger is a good idea as you can use it for both depending on what job you're doing. They are DMXable as well and come with there own remote so if you don't want to use it on dmx then just the remote. Just add ice to the chamber if you want it to creep along the floor which is a good effect and adds to your lighting show further.

I'd use haze on my lighting in regards to putting it on timed and letting it come out every so often for a good effect on your lighting. But do remember there are different types, for example: Smoke, Fog, Heavy Fog, Haze, Snow, Low Fog, etc. Just be careful as well as we've found that some sets off the smoke alarm, even haze, depending on the sensitivity of the smoke alarm.
plan_G

Post by plan_G »

Yeah, I don't need to be setting off smoke alarms - I do that enough when I cook :)
Does anyone have experience with LED Puck lights regarding smoke/fog? Does it create any kind of an effect? I'm still looking for the perfect 'beam'-type light to pop up on craigslist or ebay.

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”