These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Martin Lighting

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Martin Lighting

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi,

I don't know if anyone has noticed this and if they have mentioned it before, I'm sorry. But we have some Martin Mini Mac 150 profiles (My babies :D) and they have on them that live and netural (Hot and Cold) are the opposite way round. However, we have ran them on normal DMX cable and they seem to be able to work fine, meaning I can control them properly.

But I would have thought that if I was putting a normal DMX cable into it, that it wouldn't be able to receive a DMX signal so it wouldn't be able to be controlled. Can anyone clear this up for me and tell me why?

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Martin Lighting

Post by Spirit »

i own the mac500
and as i noticed with some Mac500 i rented the Hot and cold are inverted.
Normal , 1= Cold , 2= Hot , 3= commen
Inverted, 1= Hot, 2 = Cold, 3= Commen
as i know on the Mac500 there is a Jumper so you can change this.
But maby your Fixtures sees this autmaticly :?: never seen it before but i could be possible.
as i also seen fixture's that works on a DMX output.... because some one Conected it wrong.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi Spirit,

I would love some Mac500 or 250's but unfortunately I don't get the final say as I'm not the one with the money ;) However from what you've said I can understand with you saying there's a jumper on the 500, I would have thought they was one on the 150. I wouldn't have thought it would have been automatically as it's an older light so I would have thought it would have been added later.

The only other way is that the interface we use converts any signals it needs to??
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

if the interface has a Switch to do so i understand it can be possible.
if not, a Fixture can not talk back to the interface to say that the Hot / cold it inverted.
bacuase DMX only goes one way that from Interface to Fixture to fixture and on.......

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi,

Oh yeah, duh! I know it doesn't have a switch on it. I just didn't know if it would harm the fixture as I don't need to it blow up or something stupid in middle of a show. I just wanted to make sure :)
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

ahh no this doesnt harm the fixture only the fixture doesnt understand the info its getting.

and i also use the mac 250 kryptons but the Mac500 are Much more fun to play with :D

/spirit
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi,

I don't believe it :o You backstabber! Is it possible for you to create a nice video with them both in for me? So I can see them in action ;) Please...
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

as i sad i USE the Mac250 i don't own them ;)
but if i got the time and they are at the right place i can do create a Movie otherwise i will add the 5star Spica 250 these are mac250 look a likes :D if you look at the channel, they dont look the same ;)

/spirit
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi,

Oh I misread thinking when you said you used them that they were yours. I might have to look into the look alikes and see what I can get cheap but good. I'm hoping to get a load of new lighting next year if boss is alright with it :)
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

hi i made severel movies.

One with the Features.
One Movement speed.
One A Mac 500 in repair ( and it work great again...)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrjrs9vyd7jy1 ... 0021.mp4?m
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qsrh713jkskv ... 0023.mp4?m
https://www.dropbox.com/s/raympto60jzyt ... 0025.mp4?m

/spirit
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi Spirit,

Thanks for the movies man, awesome stuff. I really want some of them bad boys now :D and after telling the boss my new plan we might end up getting some more moving heads like these, or something similar. It's just a waiting game at the moment in regards to getting Christmas over and done with and then going from there.

I'm really proud as well that I've just typed that without my glasses on and there's no spelling mistakes 8-)

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”