These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Power to the lighting rig.... The best way ...??

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
Uriahdemon
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Power to the lighting rig.... The best way ...??

Post by Uriahdemon »

Hi Folks,

I have now got a decent grip on FS and now near to my first gig. I was wondering what the best way to provide power to the fixtures would be. Bearing in mind many small venues more than likely have just UK 13 amp sockets. I am thinking that just stringing 4 blocks all the way around may work as I am mostly using LED fixtures. But then I see big three prong plugs and wonder if I should be using that type of setup. SO I am just about at the stage of buying the power links and was wondering if anyone could advise the best way to do this please. Thanks very much in advance. Rgds Mac

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Power to the lighting rig.... The best way ...??

Post by Spirit »

hi i just use many differnt Power cables / blocks
because each Show is diferten and thefore need differnt amount/Lengths.

i also do a Stadard show, With 4x mac krypton, 4x 4bar, Backgroud sport and 2 LCD's
but we made a Cabel tree for this situation. 2x BIG multi cabel with 4x Dimmer+2x 16A 220V inside and 1x DMX cable. and lots of other Cabels to give everything power and DMX.
all to 2x 4K dimmer with a 32A 380V connector..
it Sound Perfect and Fast.
the only problem is that there is allready 4/5 cables broken in the mean while and it means you need to Strip out the whole cable replace and Fix everything to getter again.
now we dont use the Cabel tree anymore but just separte cabels it more reliable

it looks like this http://www.sylviasierhuis.nl/images/art ... MEUBEL.JPG
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”