These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

focus points

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
DELighting
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

focus points

Post by DELighting »

I just did a show with ETC's Element lightboard. I really loved how it had "focus points" that I could record. I went through with 8 movers (Chauvet Q-spot 260 LED) and put all 8 of the movers to one point on stage, then recorded "focus point #1", then went through the entire stage and recorded 41 focus points. The thing I really loved then is that I was then able to say, "mover 1, focus point 3" and it went there. But I could also go "mover 4, focus point 23"! The program stored each focus point for each mover. Right now in Freestyler I can put all the movers to one point and save it as a cue, but it would take all 8 movers to that one focus point, I wouldn't be able to have two movers and two different focus points.

I think if "Focus points" was added to any light that moved (moving head or scanner)it could really speed up programming of scenes and cues. It could be another window under the "all windows" just like the gobos, color, etc....

Hambone
Band Member
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: focus points

Post by Hambone »

A Pan/Tilt pallete has been requested (see FS issue #202 in the bug tracker) and is under consideration. Hopefully it will get implemented, as this would be a massive timesaver!
-----
HP Pavilion dv7-1130us Laptop (Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on 2 GHz AMD Turion X2, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb HD, ATI Radeon HD3200 video) with an Enttec PRO interface
http://two-for-flinching.com
wardomon
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by wardomon »

I'm with you on this. I'd also like to see a way to save and load entire cuelist tabs. I use FS mostly with live music. If the band reorders the song list, I have to recreate the lists from scratch by dragging the cues to the proper buttons, hoping I get them in the right place. It would be SO much better to load the song to the tab. I've been requesting the feature for 2 years.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
bckeeping
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by bckeeping »

Doesnt this already exist in the "Presets" function or perhaps the override buttons?

I can use the presets to create positions, say for a particular person on stage, or a mirrornball etc with all fixtures included and then apply them to individual fixtures at will.

Alternatively, if you are talking about during run time rather than programming, this is a feature which I requested and "part" implemented a long time ago by allowing manual override buttons of any type to only be applied to "selected fixtures". If you right click on an override button which contains your cue with all fixtures at point A and then set this setting, then you will be able to choose the fixture you want, press the override button and only that fixture will move to point A

The reason why I say this is part implemented is that the override button stays lit and if you press it again the override turns off. This means that yo cannot choose fixture 1 - Point A and then later choose fixture 2 - Point A .

Hopefully that makes some sort of sense?!
Hambone
Band Member
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Hambone »

D'oh! I didn't realize the pallets stored pan/tilt information already. However they currently do not store shape settings, which is what the feature request I mentioned earlier refers to... as for programming vs. runtime, both I and the OP were referring to programming.

Man, I should pay more attention, time to do some programming! :)
-----
HP Pavilion dv7-1130us Laptop (Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on 2 GHz AMD Turion X2, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb HD, ATI Radeon HD3200 video) with an Enttec PRO interface
http://two-for-flinching.com

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”