These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Hiding fixture labels?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Stoney3K
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Hiding fixture labels?

Post by Stoney3K »

I've been fiddling with FreeStyler for use with my drive-in and for a more fixed installation in a performing arts centre where I'm a volunteer.

So far the program looks pretty decent, Fixture Creator is easy to use, and my DMX dongle (Enttec OpenDMX USB) is made for the program, so no problems there.
I have, however, hit a tiny snag in building up my location setups:

Is there a way to hide the blue fixture labels beneath each fixture? Our stage has a pretty large amount of PAR cans, and if I want to arrange them in the way they're organised on stage (like a floor plan), I run out of screen real estate pretty quickly with the labels on. Is there a way to turn those off? Typing a blank in the 'fixture name' field doesn't work, it just shows a blank blue box beneath the fixture.

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Hiding fixture labels?

Post by djSupport »

not as far as I am aware a simple solution would be to reduce all the parcan images (as the silver ones in FS are MASSIVE!) I could re-size them all in 50 seconds if you need it! mini versions or ultra mini versions!!
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Stoney3K
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Stoney3K »

DJ Support wrote:not as far as I am aware a simple solution would be to reduce all the parcan images (as the silver ones in FS are MASSIVE!) I could re-size them all in 50 seconds if you need it! mini versions or ultra mini versions!!
I've already done that, and made a few "LightJockey style" button images of them. I can confirm the standard PAR can images are huge... but a few minutes of Photoshop quickly solved that. It's a good intermediate solution. Maybe the "fixture labels on/off" option can be included in the future?
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

pop that in the ideas forum section and good luck! or get a 50" monitor
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out

Return to “FreeStyler Software”