These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

more midi to dmx channels

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
spikie
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

more midi to dmx channels

Post by spikie »

Hiya,

first of all i really like the idea of the midi to dmx part and really use it alot only problem i have is that i use multiple channels for 1 fader on my bcf2000. so for 4 pars i need to use 4 midi to dmx channels. i would like to have more of them or a way to make 1 midi channel to multiple dmx channels.

Greets,

Spikie

p.s. am i the only one who can't visit the bug systeem anymore? when i choose for the part: view issue's it is giving me a error page(
APPLICATION ERROR #1502
Category not found.
. i was looking on the forum if there were more people with the problem and could not find any post..

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9

Re: more midi to dmx channels

Post by Spirit »

hi

how do you playback you sequences?

and yes the FSBT seems to be down i allready mailed the moderator but he doesnt reply..

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
spikie

Post by spikie »

thanks to the reply spirit;) and good to know that more people having the problem with FSBT ;)

only i dont understand why you ask about sequences cause i use them straight to the dmx channel of the parcans. like this:

pars with dmx channels: 1 5 9 13 and same colours and then i want to use 1 fader on my bcf2000 so in my thinking i need 4 midi to dmx channels.. or am i wrong thinking.

Greets,

Spikie
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

thats because if you create a Sequence One step with Channel 1 5 9 13 full on.
Save it , put it on a Cue, now add the cue to the submasters now you can controll all the parcan at the same time with just ONE fader. and the Submaster intensitie slider can also be Controled with midi.

so that why i ask how you playback your sequences.

just like to come with ideas.
and i dont know if you like to use this to program your seqeunces or you like to have this durring playback.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
spikie

Post by spikie »

aah, i understand what you mean. was not thinking that way cause i dont use at the moment submasters last time i tried it was not a succes and needed to rethink while i had a show. but maybe its a good idea to start playing with them and see how it works.

thanks for the idea.

Greets,

Spikie
spikie

Post by spikie »

hiya,

my roommate came with the question. and i had the same idea..
i know i could make alot of override pages so i can use my buttons on my bcf2000 with that link and have alot of buttons for myself but how about faders? i have 8 faders on it and just then 8 faders to use but is there a way to even like the buttons to have multiple pages for faders? like for submasters since you have 20 submasters and only 8 faders. am i thinking wrong again or is it something to make in a new version.

Greets,

Spikie
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

no i just think you mist something.
because the devolper allready though about that.
Becasue there are 2 differnt SM intensitie sliders you can use.
1) Submaster intensitie slider 1 to 20
2) Submaster intensitie slider 1 to 5

"1"is made for controller that have 20 or more faders on the controller surface.
"2" is made for controller that doenst have more then 5 fader. or like the bcf 8 fader.

for "2" you also have the submaster Pages 1 to 4.
so on page 1 the faders are from 1 to 5
on page 2 the faders are from 6 to 10
on page 3 the faders are from 11 to 15
on page 4 the faders are from 16 to 20

and the nice thing about the BCF is if you switch between the submaster pages the faders will also be updated to the correct position.

and you also have the Midi pages 1 to 5.

same for the override button you have 30 buttons with 6 overridebutton pages, so you have 180 buttons.
or the cuelist buttons you have 16 of then with 6 cuelistbuttons pages 96 cuelist buttons.

/spirit
spikie

Post by spikie »

aaah right, thanks spirit, you are great;)

now i have alot more space to do stuff;) thanks.

btw.
:fs: ^^

greets,

Spikie

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”