These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Custom Colors

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
cchladny
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Custom Colors

Post by cchladny »

First of all, love the software, thank you very much for your hard work. (As a programmer, I especially appreciate it)..

Could you add to the to-do list a custom colors section? When I'm doing things like weddings and such, I usually will program in the wedding colors. It would be great to have a section in the color picker where I could set 3 or 4 custom colors, so I don't have to keep setting R:215 G:120 B:187 over and over for animated sequences and such. Thanks!

- Craig "DJC"

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Custom Colors

Post by Spirit »

and why not just create a sequence with the value's R:215 G:120 B:187 and put it on the Cue, submasters or overridebuttons?

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
cchladny

Post by cchladny »

I might not be using the software "correctly", but when I'm creating a color sequence, I create a chase and do (color) - Add page - (color) - Add page, etc.. That's the best way I've found to create color chases
Jan_K
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

I see your problem.

You are not setting the color for the whole stage but just for, lets say, a few parcans.
When you are shifting the colors in a sequence then you have to set the 3 color faders for each scene in the sequence and if you have 10 – 15 scenes it takes for ever.

You way of generating a chase is probably the only way in you application because you want an exact color.

/Jan
cchladny

Post by cchladny »

Ok, cool. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the new-guy using the program stupidly. :) Yeah, if I'm doing uplighting in two wedding colors it takes forever and the ability to set a few custom colors would greatly speed that up, or even a "Last colors used" box.. Oh, and a "Black" color box too. We have white, but nothing to set the colors to 0's.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Hi and i also see your problem and as Allways there allready is a Solution for this :D
if you open the Create sequence window on the right side of that window you see a Icon with 2 Fixture on it press on it and there will popup a Preset window.
here you can add easly 60 Custom color/Gobo or What ever you like to add to it.
and apply it to a Sequence.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
cchladny

Post by cchladny »

But, if I'm correct, won't the preset need to be assigned to a fixture? If I have 10 uplight cans, I might have them all black and chase a yellow color around to each of them, or make them alternate from yellow go grey in a striped pattern, so setting single can presets would be almost as much of a pain. Yes easier, but not by much. Custom colors still seem to be the easiest way to go.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

yes indeed still you need to create the Sequence your self as diffecult as you like.
But you ask if you could create a Custom button with Custom colors.
the presets is the way, you can create a Preset with a Color ( so you dont need to Slide the sliders each time)
and apply the color to the Selected fixture..

/spirit
cchladny

Post by cchladny »

Gotcha, I'll look into it.. Thanks..
cchladny

Post by cchladny »

Just tried it. It only lets me do presets per fixture. So, basically..

Preset 1: LED Can 1 to Yellow.
Preset 2: LED Can 1 to Black.
Preset 3: LED Can 1 to Grey.

What I want is..

Preset 1: R:255 G:255 B:0
Preset 2: R:0 G:0 B:0
Preset 3: R:200 G:200 B:200

Essentially, the presets don't really do me any good.. I'd have to set 2 or 3 presets for each can. Yes, faster, but not really saving me much time..
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

if you create preset for all the parcan.
you can Apply them on the Selected fixture...
that the nice thing about it.
so Create a Preset.
1) select all ledcans
2) set Color
3) Save preset

NOW
1) select One or more fixture's
2) Select preset
3) press apply to Sel. Fixtus.

its just what you whant...

/spirit
cchladny

Post by cchladny »

I just double checked with different fixtures. This will work most of the time, but there was some fixtures it won't work for, such as the Chauvet 4Bar. It should mostly solve my problem, though, but it still seems that in future versions, some last-color-used buttons, or custom color buttons would solve this problem for a whole lot of people. Yes, it's kind of available, but it's available in a place not many people would look.
Jan_K
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

I have made a feature request on "Custom colors".

And then we are to wait and see what happens.

It will take a while before it is evaluated and eventually implemented so it is not solving your problem riht now.

/Jan
cchladny

Post by cchladny »

Thank you. Like I said in the beginning, I know its not an.overnight process, and I also know there's way more pressing issues, I just wanted to see if that could be on the eventual to-do list. Thanks you..

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”