These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Thinking about this setup:

Questions regarding general external control forum.
grizcreative
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Church
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/grizcreative

Thinking about this setup:

Post by grizcreative »

I am thinking about going for a cool, complex setup for freestyler. I have described it below, let me know if you forsee any flaws.
  • Windows Tablet running Freestyler connected to a private wireless network
  • Two Enttec Playback wings, and One Enttec Programming wing wired into the private network
  • Enttec Datagate MK2 connected to the private network via Nuetrik Ethercon then to DMX
All built into nice portable, professional looking cases.

The goal would be able to walk about the venue with the tablet and make changes during setup, but be able to dock back behind my encoders and use the touch screen interface for the actual show.

My venue is always changing, as are the bands, etc that perform. So I am always making changes day of show that this set up would be convenient to have. Just want to make sure all the wings, and everything should play nice.

Thanks for your time.

BillsGate
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 4.x
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Thinking about this setup:

Post by BillsGate »

Although it's not a direct answer to your question, but using the Android / iPad-app, you can very easily control your lights from whereever there is wifi reception.
The only thing you need is a wifi router that connects your Freestyler-machine to the tablet.

We've got a dlink router built into our setup and I regularly use my phone app / my tablet to control lighting settings fromout the venue.

Return to “General Midi Controllers”