These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

MIDI Keyboard and smoke machine

Questions regarding general external control forum.
fbnts
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 2.96d

MIDI Keyboard and smoke machine

Post by fbnts »

Hi,

I have been using Freestyler for some time but usually only with a standard keyboard (or USB number pad).

I am now upgrading to using a midi keyboard which is working fine for most things like selecting scenes etc however I have tried to assign one key to the smoke machine but when the first time I press and release the key the smoke machine stays on and I have to hold the key down to stop it.

Is this normal behaviour is am I missing something? Is there a way to invert the key?

Tom

There are 10 types of people in this world = Those that can read binary and those that can't
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: MIDI Keyboard and smoke machine

Post by Spirit »

Yes there is a way, if you open the FOG window you can Choose "Continuous Operation" disabled or Unabled.
thats how you can change the way the FOG button will work.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
fbnts
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 2.96d

Post by fbnts »

I have just got round to trying again, the continuous box is unchecked. It appears to do it with all buttons. When you first press the key down it activates when you let go then you have to hold the key down to deactivate... it's as though it's inverted.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
There are 10 types of people in this world = Those that can read binary and those that can't
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

hi.

try this: http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/e ... _interface
and search for "Options" maby that will solve your problem.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance

Return to “General Midi Controllers”