These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Easy View ????

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
skintner
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Easy View ????

Post by skintner »

Hello,
Here's another chance to show my complete and utter ignorance regarding this stuff, but I gotta ask a couple questions...

What is the purpose and function of Magic 3D Easy View? What does it do?

I can open it in demo mode (no USB DMX interface yet)... I look to add fixtures just for grins and here's this HUGE library of fixtures... and the program knows what they do.

So, if this application is integrated (to some point?) in Freestyler, why can't the fixture library from Easy View be integrated into the fixture library of Freestyler?

Please share some examples of what it can/will do to help control DMX lighting.

Thanks so much!

steve

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Easy View ????

Post by dmxlighting »

if you open easy view from inside freestyler and you have any FS supported usb/dmx devive or you set fs to have a virtual device then you can use ev to constuct a 3D version of a stage or rig and see the beams!

Well worth learing to use, will take some time to get into though!

Good luck.

PS limited mode will be enough for you to do most stuff. Full mode requires a Sunlite device.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
skintner

Post by skintner »

Thanks, dmxlighting... by Sunlight device, do you mean a Sunlight USB DMX dongle?

Will the stage setup in ev display and run the program you run from FS?
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

by Sunlight device, do you mean a Sunlight USB DMX dongle?
Yes the Sunlight DMX in Dongle.
Yes Offcourse That the Whole idea about 3dview.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
skintner

Post by skintner »

Thanks so much for the answers. My Entec pro is supposed to be delivered today, so I'm digging in. I hope someone checks out my fixture file.

Time for the FS tutorials!

steve
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

But if you installed freestyler with 3dView you need to Select "Virtual interface"as your interface.
This way you can use the 3d view that comes with freetyler. only you will run in Limited Mode.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
skintner

Post by skintner »

That's exactly how I have been *using* it... limited mode, just looking around seeing what's there and what they do... add fixtures, objects, etc to the stage. Just starting the feel my way around in it.

steve
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

skintner wrote:Thanks, dmxlighting... by Sunlight device, do you mean a Sunlight USB DMX dongle?

Yes you need a genuine Sunlite devive. They actually do a special, slightly cheaper on for 3d developers like me but that does not output any DMX signals.

Yes EV will work very well with FS.
To save on processor power I run FS from my laptop and EV from my desktop (which has a really good graphics card, which really helps!) My laptop has an enttec pro device which is then conneted to the DMX in on my sunlite device on the desktop.

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Spirit wrote:But if you installed freestyler with 3dView you need to Select "Virtual interface"as your interface.
This way you can use the 3d view that comes with freetyler. only you will run in Limited Mode.

FS doest need to be in Virtual Mode once you have a compatable device conneted and set up. That way you can if needed run EV and operate the lights in real time. This is quite handy for DJs who are normally behind the lights and cant see so well what they are doing. If EV is the same setup as the acual lights then this is great! Also you can use EV to make changes or create new sequencies that the audience does not see. This works when FS's save window comes up in 'off-line mode'. Not output to the lights will change but EV will show what you are doing. Reallyt cool feature that not many people seem to know about!

dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

skintner wrote:That's exactly how I have been *using* it... limited mode, just looking around seeing what's there and what they do... add fixtures, objects, etc to the stage. Just starting the feel my way around in it.

steve
Thats the best way! Working in 3D is a bit strange to begin with but you soon get used to it!

Let me know if you get stuck and I'll try and help you out.

quints777
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by quints777 »

I am new to using freestyler. I am used to using an actual lighting bored...mostly for led lights for my church. Recently we have used a lot of our extra lights in our youth room with just simple dip switch colors. So, I decided to purchase a gus electronics usb/dmx dongle and downloaded freestyler to have the capability of running the lights. I have had 2 weeks with the program and have learned a lot by just playing around with it and watching some Youtube videos. I was also able to get some help from spirit on another post. my question here is about EV specifically. I have built my stage and added all the lights that I am to be using. It didnt work at first but I read where it had to be on virtual interface and to make sure I had the dimmer up. So I did these and it has worked great and I love it for being able to set up shows without actually being in the room with the lights. My question is...can I not run EV while actually running my show? I switched it back over the the gus electronic output and my lights will come on but EV stops working. Is the gus electronics dongle not compatible to where I can do that? It would be awesome if I could get it all working together. Thanks for the help!

Bobby
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Hi.

No its just EV or Gus electronics.

/Spirit
quints777

Post by quints777 »

Awww bummer... Oh well. Thanks for the quick reply spirit.

Bobby
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Spirit wrote:Hi.

No its just EV or Gus electronics.

/Spirit

That should not be the case. EV should work with a dongle. I have had it running during a show where I could not see the stage properly. Devices used and proved to work were enttec pro and a soundlight device.

Also FS was made to work in 'offline mode' - meaning that you can edit sequencies on the fly (during a show) without the audience seeing that. This is done by using EV which will work in offline and show what you are editing / creating.

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Oke sorry.

For FREE you can use 3d view or your DMX device.

as DMXlighting says you can also Spend 300 Euro For 3dview and you will get a DMX-IN device So you can make the Dmx chain From you DMX-out thru all the Fixture and then to the DMX-in device.

/spirit
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Im pretty sure that even in limited mode you should be able to use both you're device and EV.

I have defianatly done so. It might not work for all devices and it was a while ago so maybe now EV has had a face lift and quite a few changes it don't work anymore ? It did used to work perfecty well in limited mode doing this with Enttec Pro and an old Soundlight device. I will try it again and report back.

dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

OK tried it with enttec pro and you can operate your lights AND see the EV visulization at the same time.
The offline thing I spoke about does NOT seem to work anymore.

I will further test this with other devices when I get time but im sure it will work.
Id be interested to here from others with different devices as to wether this works for you.

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Oke but still you need two Devices and link then on eachother..?

And as i sad before, Many thing Seems to not work anymore on EV.
But as i see now there is a New version From EV updated 27-01-2012.. :D
Lets see if that makes the differnt.

/spirit
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Spirit wrote:Oke but still you need two Devices and link then on eachother..?

/spirit
No. Just one device. It works for me in limited mode!

Please try and report back

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Oww yes indeed :D It works.

Thank you thats a Good point for the wiki ;)
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Spirit wrote:Oww yes indeed :D It works.

Thank you thats a Good point for the wiki ;)

DMXlighting - Making the impossible possible ! :lol: :fs:

quints777

Post by quints777 »

So, did downloading the update for easy viewer help with the problem? I still have yet to get it to function simultaneously using my gus electronics dongle : (
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

i tested without the new Vesion from EV.
I Connected and selected my Enttec Pro as Interface opent EV and Both where running.

Thats all..

/spirit
quints777

Post by quints777 »

Bummer....it must be the dongle I am using : (

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”