These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

DMX Interface conflicts

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
DJ Viper
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

DMX Interface conflicts

Post by DJ Viper »

As I mentioned in my other post I have been having extreme conflicts (enough to cause BSOD's) on 4 computers each with fresh installs of windows 7. Using the enttec open dmx along with the Numark Total Control causes my computers to freeze and then bsod. My question is what do I need to change to resolve this problem. I am willing to buy a new Midi controller for DJ software or a new DMX interface but preferably not both. I believe the fault is in Numarks drivers and that it may use a hidden serial related communication protocol that conflicts with the enttec open dmx. I have tried changing the com port of the enttec with no result. I would probably not buy another Numark product unless someone can tell me that that will resolve the conflict. Does the DMX Pro by Enttec use a virtual com port? Any help is appreciated.

Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: DMX Interface conflicts

Post by Shannon D »

I also have the Numark Total Controller to run VDJ, but never tried using it on the same laptop that is running FS and my Enttec Pro. I use two separate pc's when I DJ. You mentioned above that you tried 4 different pc's with Win7. Why not just use two pc's (one for music / one for lights)?

I can try to do a test using both on the same pc, but it will be a while before I can do it. I'm currently at work and won't be home until 1-25-12.

Have you updated all your drivers after the fresh install?

This is not related to your problem, but when I play out with my band, I use one pc to do all with no conflicting com port issues.
-Enttec Pro - connected usb for Freestyler output to lights
-M-Audio midi-sport 2x2 - usb input for midi control to Freestyler (midi notes coming from my Roland SPD-S)
-Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 - firewire input from mixer for recording and firewire output for intermission music played by VDJ
DJ Viper
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: DMX Interface conflicts

Post by DJ Viper »

If you could try it that would be fantastic. I don't have any events for a little while so I can wait. I don't want to use 2 computers because I already have a fairly powerful rackmount self-built pc that is incredibly convenient to roll around on the rack. I just plop a monitor on the table and I'm done. If there were two PC's, I would have to figure out how to route my midi tempo tap to Freestyler out of Traktor to the second computer (which is a major factor). I didn't mention that I was using a midi tempo output/phase tapper (not clock) out of Traktor in order to sync the lights. Sound2light works but no sound analyzer is phenomenal. Any ideas from others would also be appreciated.

Return to “DMX Interfaces”