These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Eliminator ED-15 problems

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
skintner
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Eliminator ED-15 problems

Post by skintner »

Hello again,
I just received a replacement Eliminator ED-15 dimmer pack from Amazon and fear I might be an idiot...

For the sake of testing, I set the pack to DMX address 1 (#1 dipswitch on), 11 and 12 on to set both pairs to dimmer (rather than on-off).

I put it on the Obey 40 but nothing happens... it doesn't appear to be seeing any DMX signal as the DMX led doesn't do anything. If there is no load on the outlet the dimmer pack should still respond, shouldn't it?

I have read about dimmer packs and addressing for the cans rather than the dimmer pack but I don't quite grok that. Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong or how to go about addressing this thing?

I am attaching the pdf for this thing in case you need to double check *my* settings.

Thanks again,
steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Eliminator ED-15 problems

Post by Spirit »

Hey.

Did you also tried to Switch the Polarity on the Obey 40 to see if that makes a Differns?

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
skintner

Post by skintner »

Oh yes, I tried changing the polarity switch on the Obey immediately when the sliders were of no effect on the first try...

This is ridiculous... address set to 1, the only fixture in the chain and nothing...
skintner

Post by skintner »

Problem solved...

I accidentally stumbled on the solution to this problem. I turned dip switch 10 to ON and bingo... 10 is *slave* mode. Nowhere that I can find in the documentation does it say to turn on slave mode to enable DMX... a simple thing that would require one additional line in the instruction sheet. doh

I have created a fixture file for the ED-15 and will upload it... not much, pretty simple, but it is a small contribution and it works.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas!

steve

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”