These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

"aiming" light beams?

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
skintner
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

"aiming" light beams?

Post by skintner »

Well, I am making some progress...

I have successfully added fixtures to both FS and EV... set colors in FS and the beams in the viewer change colors, but that's about it.

I am unable to "aim" the beams from the lights (4 play) or the wash lights. I watched a tutorial and it was cool, but I don't have (can't find) the screen to do that (I am assuming it's pan and tilt, which are not really functions in the 4play)...

Other than that it's moving along... I am about to build a 5pin to 3pin cable from my 5pin terminator so I can get going with FS/EV

I hope it's going to get easier... I have these cheap-ass odd fixtures (like the Chauvet Kinta311x) that seem to require a level of expertise that I just don't have.

Thanks again for all the help...
steve

Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: "aiming" light beams?

Post by Shannon D »

It will get easier once you get your real lights working with the dongle. Don't kill yourself trying to get things to work correctly in EV. It is far from being close to the real lights. I have several LED fixtures like the Vue2 and Vue3 that won't do anything in EV, even tho there is a fixture file for it in the EV program. For me, I only use EV for creating color mixing scenes and some position scenes for moving heads. I always have to tweak every position once everything is setup on the gig.

To change the position of beams from lights like a par can in EV, you have to be in construction mode. Select the fixture tab >Select the fixture you want to move and rotate the beam using the controls on the left panel. These beams will be static, so programming in FS will not change their location. The only beams that move in EV are moving heads or scanners. EV will not show beams from lights like the Kinta.
skintner
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Re: "aiming" light beams?

Post by skintner »

Thanks again, Shannon D... I will try your directions for moving the beams. I don't have HUGE expectations for EV, as I have read the posts about it being limited mode and some things it doesn't do. More important is to get FS going so I can actually see the lights responding...

You folks here are most helpful and gracious... it's appreciated!

steve

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”