These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Strobe Speed and Half Colors

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
trevzilla
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Strobe Speed and Half Colors

Post by trevzilla »

I haven't been able to figure out how to change my strobe speed in Magic 3D Easy View. I've opened up Scanlibrary, and have right clicked on the strobe channel and hit properties. A window pops up with min and max frequency but it seems that no matter how I change these values, when I actually add my fixture in 3D easy view, the fixture will always strobe at the same rate. (In the program, not in real life...) I have a sneaking suspicion that this has something to do with the little slider on the preset, but I can't figure out what that slider does for the life of me.

Also, my fixture has the capability to do half colors. However in Scan Library when I click the half color checkbox, it seems I can only select the color for one half, and the other half is always white. How do I select the other half? And finally, even with this Green/White half color, it doesn't seem to show in Magic 3D Easy View.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

l2net
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Strobe Speed and Half Colors

Post by l2net »

I encountered the same problem at work with strobe. Just need help .... thanks
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

3d view runs in LIMITED MODE.

So dont expect that everything works.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

Spirit wrote:3d view runs in LIMITED MODE.

So dont expect that everything works.

/spirit
Limited mode will have no relevance to this at all. Its all ablout how the 3D fixture mode is setup. There is a fixture creator which comes with 3D. Its not as easy to use as the FS one but is just as important to learn to use if you want to see exactly on a model the same as you do in real life. SMEV has come on leaps and bounds and its now even possible to make multibeam fixtures which work quite well.

I have an EV dongle so I have all the extra stuff you get in full mode. These include 2D drawings and video recording. EV will work very well indeed in limited mode for most of you out there. I use it as a pro tool to develop models to show my clients what they will get if I do the work for them. Brilliant selling tool for me!

By the way, if anyone wants any models which are not in the library already, I can made most anything for you. This DOES NOT include making fixtures. That bit is long and boring and you need to learn for yourself on that one!
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Jan_K
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej Dmxlighting.

Have you tried to make a multibeam fixture.
I tried to make a led bar with 8 segments but ended with 8 single fixture.

Have you tried it.

Sorry for stealing the thread.

/Jan
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

@ DMXlighting

So you say i'm Saying Bull $%^&, I'm justing saying stuff based on What i see.
And i have a Couple fixture that Workt GREAT! with older versions, But everytime there is a New version from 3dview is see i can do Less then i could before.

Like the Multibeam have never workt. and i tried to make a Sunstrip did not work, also if i Add the Default sunstrip from 3diew it does not work.

And Before the Strobe Speed/Gobo rotationCW-CCW/Prism rotationCW-CCW and some other Features work Perfect.

But now i seems like its not working. and Yes i also Tried to Re-create my Fixture, With no Result.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Spirit wrote:@ DMXlighting
So you say i'm Saying Bull $%^&, I'm justing saying stuff based on What i see./spirit
A little rude and perhaps there Spirit. I did not say that at all.

I was pointing out that the comment you made was wrong. I know that 3D is a bit floored in places and its different to how it used to be but it is better? and it's just a case of learning how to use the new, improved? versions.

Stay calm!

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Yes im allways calm, but i all ready tried everything with no succes.

/spirit
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

There is a new beta avilable now or very soon whith some improvements. I know the developers and if you have some comments about your experiences then let me know and I will pass them on. They are always keen to know what the user thinks!

Cheers

L

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Oké but now you say it not duo to limited mode
but its just a bug?
Also congretulatios with your birthday :D
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Spirit wrote:Oké but now you say it not duo to limited mode
but its just a bug?
Also congretulatios with your birthday :D

Sure there are a few bugs but Limited Mode only stops a few things working. 2D mode partly works but is better in full mode and also video recording is brilliant. You can set up all the camera angles yo want with fade times etc. There are one or 2 other features you get as well but for many of you out there limited mode works just fine.

(to be honest I did prefer the fixture creator they way it was. The new one is meant to be easier to use but I don't like it so much)

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”