These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

No Object attitudes (like color) in Easy View for FreeStyler

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
futuretec
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

No Object attitudes (like color) in Easy View for FreeStyler

Post by futuretec »

Hey there,

I tried to design my stage with Magic 3D EasyView. I have an Enttec Open DMX Interface.

My problem is I can't change any values of the object property list like color or something like this. EasyView is all the time in Demo Mode and when I start the program it doesn't recognize my interface. Is there only the Demo Mode available or why do I have this problem?

thanks for help
futuretec

jonny b good
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: No Object attitudes (like color) in Easy View for FreeSt

Post by jonny b good »

1) Did you download and install Magic 3D Easy View when you installed FreeStyler? there is a tick box in the install option panel. If not then you can either re-install FreeStyler and tick the box or install Magic 3D Easy View into the FreeStyler folder.

2) Are you starting Magic 3D Easy View from the "3D" button on the toolbar in FreeStyler? If not the two programs will not talk to each other and Easy View will stay in demo mode.

3) Have you read the Magic 3D Easy View tutorial on the FreeStyler Wiki ?

Magic 3D Easy View will only recognize Sunlite interfaces, for it to be used with FreeStyler it has to be done as described above.
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mavi »

I have the same problem about editing objects. I have a stage I created with the "old" version of Esey View but since the new Version (with office 2007 layout) is avaible I can not change the color of objects any more. The dropdown is avaibly but nothing happens when clicking it. Well, as I mentioned my stage is an old one. The colors are all right and I only have to change some fixtures. So everything works fine for me and I did not care about the missing colors.

I think this is not a problem of FreeStyler. Everything about comunication between FS and Easy View works fine for me.
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
jonny b good

Post by jonny b good »

I take it you have un-ticked the "default" colour option ?
color_select.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mavi »

I of course have done so. Even if i check the box the color is changed from the current one to the default. But if I uncheck again I am not able to select a different color. As I said, the dropdown with the colors just won't open. Well, not that bad for me I have my working (colored) stage ;)
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
jonny b good

Post by jonny b good »

@Mavi & futuretec,

What operating system are you using ?
I am beginning to suspect that with this version of Magic 3D Easy View, is it the 19 March 2010 version of Easy View.

@Mavi - Have you created a new "Stage" to see if it allows you to edit the colours etc.

@futuretec - I can edit an objects colours etc. even if the program is in demo mode.

Just noticed that since using the latest version of Magic 3D Easy View (19 March 2010) the stages I created for the tutorial I did no longer load up the fixtures, also a secret little tip I had no longer works :( Damn should have kept a copy of the older version :(
djlightspin
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by djlightspin »

I've got the same issue. I know this is an old thread, but has anyone corrected it?
It's kind of annoying when I build my entire stage and its all gray.

If not, does anyone have access to the old version of easy view?

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”