These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

no light from Easy View fixture

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
bbeird
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

no light from Easy View fixture

Post by bbeird »

Greetings,
I'm VERY new at Freestyler, Easy View, and DMX....yeah, I'm a mess. I was attempting to use a Chauvet Derby X Led in Easy View and am having trouble. I added the fixture to Freestyler and then added it again to Easy View using the same dmx address. When I change color values for the fixture in Freestyler, the real fixture output changes color (by real, I mean the physical chauvet light on a tripod next to my computer), but the Easy View model doesn't do anything (from what I can tell). I double checked the dmx address but after that, I'm not sure where to go. The Easy View fixture came with the software but I guess that doesn't guarantee anything. A solution would be awesome, but even a push in the right direction would be most appreciated.

An extra bit of info....I was successfully able to control an Aurorae Par 64 LED both in Easy View and physically. Something I'm doing wrong specific to the Derby I suppose.....

Thanks for your time!
Bob

wardomon
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Re: no light from Easy View fixture

Post by wardomon »

The EasyView representation of my trackspots is awful. No colors and no gobos. It also poorly represents the positions of any of my lights. I've learned to live with it and give myself plenty (3+ hours) of position and movement tweaking between light hang and sound check.

I think that the problem is that DMX numbers sent by Freestyler to Easyview aren't synched. Easyview is almost universally used. The version that came with one of the other software packages that I tried rendered all functions perfectly.

I haven't had much of a chance to play around with scanlib.exe to see what affect it has on the fixtures.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”