These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Cheap room lighting?

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
cccy
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Cheap room lighting?

Post by cccy »

I was wondering if anyone knows of any cheap multi-coloured DMX lighting that can also double as a normal room light ( white ). I am setting up a room that sometimes need bright lighting for some work and hope to integrate the lights along with DMX.

cccy

Re: Cheap room lighting?

Post by cccy »

Anyone has any ideas? Please help?
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

I gave you a general hint in your other topic. But you did'nt get it, I think. :mrgreen:
Search for LED RGB PAR lights. They are bright and every color is possible. But take into account that the 'white' from this lights might be annoying because of the 'spread' of different colors. There's one way to find out. Try it out.
There are also RGBW (W = White) PAR fixtures, so the white is good then without spread of different colors.
Something like this:

I Don't know where you live, so I don't know what brand and models are available to you. Same goes for budget.
There are thousands of LED RGB(W) fixtures on the market. Search for a local or national store call them or visit them and let them do a little demo with LED RGB lights for you. Or just order one if they are cheap enough.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
cccy

Post by cccy »

Thanks remco_k! If anyone else has any more suggestions please help too!
matt
Admin
FreeStyler Version: NULL
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/hankosky

Post by matt »

At one company, we put up 20 Chauvet Colorstrip LED Bars. They use them for accent lighting and up lighting, then at night they use them for chase patterns.

Matt Hankosky
twitter.com/hankosky
flickr.com/photos/mattxhank

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”