These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Using the BCF2000 with another midicontroller?

Questions regarding the Behringer BCF2000 controller.
Trike
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.32
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Using the BCF2000 with another midicontroller?

Post by Trike »

While I'm gearing up my lighting setup, I want to use the BCF2000 to control freestyler. I also want to use another midi controller to trigger sequences. My band uses a Korg EMX1. I want to be able to use both the BCF2000 for live work and use the Korg EMX1 to trigger certain lighting features/presets. I wasn't quite sure if it's possible to use two different midi channels for external control. I thought I read something back in November about it not being possible with two controllers.

Before I buy the BCF2000, I wanted to see if it was possible to use two midi controllers. I think I read that the BCF2000 disables the midi ports when set to USB mode, I do have a separate usb midi interface, if it helps.

Thanks!

LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Using the BCF2000 with another midicontroller?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

as far as i can see the Korg EMX1 does not have USB. you need a MIDI --> USB adapter to connect it to the computer and thereby FS.
However the BCF2000 can work as the adapter, and you can use both midi controllers to control FS.

BUT... there is a BUT ;)

- make sure both controller sends out control changes to FS.. I know the BCF2000 can
each MIDI channel has 128 control changes you can use. FS can only receive from one channel so there is a limitation of 128 functions you can control. I hope that will change some day
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
Trike
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.32
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Re: Using the BCF2000 with another midicontroller?

Post by Trike »

Thanks, I was aware that the EMX1 only has a midi in/out. I didn't know whether or not FS could handle two midi channels. Now I know. Has anyone used more than one midi controller and experienced collisions as far as mappings is concerned?

I'm still pretty new to midi and FS and trying to learn everything I can now. Then I have to try and see what's the best way to sequence and program FS off of midi.

I know people use MidiOx to manipulate the midi data, but I don't know how it'll apply to me yet.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Return to “BCF2000”