These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Suggestion/Feature request: Override function for cuelists

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
lightman1990
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Suggestion/Feature request: Override function for cuelists

Post by lightman1990 »

Hi,

I have some LED pars (8) what only have 1 red , 1 green and 1 blue channel. These are also used to adjust the brightness (so no the fixtures do not have a seperated dimmer). Actually it was a mistake to buy such fixtures but now i own them so i want to use them.

To avoid that i need to program a sequence (e.g. loop from left to right, and back to left / flash from outside to inside and back to outside) for each color separately i had the idea to make cuelists with color patterns (e.g. few lights blue, few lights green) and use an override button to let them flash in a defined pattern.

Unfortunately override buttons do only "activate" the first step of a sequence. I understand that this is because of restrictions in development/programming so i thought it would be nice to have override cuelists.

I can imagine that it is possible to develop a feature so we can set a cuelist as "override" by clicking right mouse on the specific que button (in the submaster view). (so as extra option in the menu with the options "edit que list", "inser que list", "disable all other list" and "clear quelist button")

Is this technically possible to introduce something like this. (or is there a way to achieve my goal with existing features ? Would be even nicer!)

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”