These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Would like "Variables" for venue/show calibration

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
barrypearce
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Would like "Variables" for venue/show calibration

Post by barrypearce »

Hi,

I run sound & lights for bands and part of my rig involves 4 moving heads. The show itself kind of relies on these being in sensible positions - such the the blinder being into the audience, and certain moves need stage positions such as where the performers will be or the stage edge or in front of the stage.

However, each gig the stage width and depth change. What I need to do is to sort of calibrate the show - to say to the moving heads for the show these are the positions tonight - that way I can get away with just very quickly setting maybe 20 positions - (5 position "lines" for 4 heads).

Or if there is a way I can do this already?

Cheers
Barry
Last edited by barrypearce on January 8th, 2017, 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

barrypearce

Re: Would like "Variables" please :)

Post by barrypearce »

Hahaha - dont worry about it - Ive just found the presets!

The great thing is I can have a set of master and Venue presets - Then before going to a show load the masters into the venues. Then at the venue I can configure the presets and lo and behold any sequence based on the presets uses the new figures....absolutely superb!!
barrypearce

Re: Would like "Variables" for venue/show calibration

Post by barrypearce »

Oh dear. Presets do not solve this issue. The need is still there to be able to easily calibrate a show for a new venue - touring bands this is a requirement.
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

If you use submasters make one of the submasters positions. To run after your have run your dynamic Moves.
liteman
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by liteman »

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”