These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Submasters

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
freebruno
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.9ff
I Use FreeStyler for: Film

Submasters

Post by freebruno »

Hello,

Can somebody please explain me what "submasters" are in the DMX world ?

I have totally no clue what it are.

What are they used for ?

Thanks a lot !

Bruno

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Submasters

Post by djSupport »

I still dont know and Im an admin here.....
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Submasters

Post by Shannon D »

I finally figured it out, or I should say, this is how I use it:

Clear the cue and close it. Create a single scene and check add to cue upon save. For example, just using different colors for instance. Create a single scene with all the lights blue, save & add to cue. Create one with all the lights red, save & add to cue. Create scene with moving heads blue and all pars green, save and add to cue. The different color options can go on and on, but you get the point. Make sure that only the channels dealing with colors are set to snap or fade. All other channels should be off. You can put 20 different color scenes in one cue. Save the cue and name it colors. Open the Submaster, click open cue and drag the "Colors" cue into the submaster. Now as long as you have the lamps on and shutters open, you can double click on any one of those color scenes you created and that's what should show up. So no matter what movement your MH's or scanners are doing, you have all those color options to pick from without creating a new sequence to reflect the different colors for those movements. It's great for running the lights on the fly. The combinations are endless. Well depending how many lights you have!

It's not just for colors. You can create different single scenes for movements, gobos, gobo rotations, some strobing & some not, etc. for your MH's and/or scanners. Just remember to keep all the movements together in one cue (name it movements), keep all the different gobo combinations together in one cue, keep the all the different strobing effects in one cue and so on. Save each cue and then add it to the submaster.

Tip: Before creating each new scene, click "New" on the create sequence window. This will set all channels to off. This will save you from going double check every light to make sure that only the channel you wanted on will be on (snap or fade) for that particular single scene.

When you add up all the different combinations you can create, you can literally have over several hundred combinations at your finger tips with just a few double clicks of the mouse.

The submaster is my favorite.

I hope this wasn't clear as mud for you guys.

:fs:

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”