These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Set center position for Bezier shapes

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
Misty69
Just started using FS
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Set center position for Bezier shapes

Post by Misty69 »

Would be great if it was possible to select the center point in bezier shapes. For example - my moving heads typically are facing forward (hung on a portable truss). To mirror movements, when I swap the x-axis, I need to move the shape to the correct area on the graph. It's difficult to get the shape to exactly the correct position. It would be nice just to be able to select the center of the shape as the center of the movement and reverse it in-place. Would also be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to be able to nudge the shape, rather than having to move it with a mouse - it could be much more exact.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

mgt_light
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Set center position for Bezier shapes

Post by mgt_light »

Hi,

I really like the idea of a center position dependent bezir shape mode. This would make my programming so much easier, because i would only have to programm the single shapes without postion and could select my center points just with the override buttons. This would really enlarge the options of programming.
I also would like to have the option to let the movinglights run in bezir shape mode out of phase, so that they would follow each other, not only do all the same movement or an inverted one.

If you could realize this, I would be very happy and willing to donate for your great work.

Thanks for all of your good work.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9

Post by Spirit »

hi

its not ideal but this is how i do it.
first make your SEQ in the middle (127,127)
the between the freestylers setup you have a TAB CORRECTIONS.

here you can easyly change the Centre point where the mover will move..
hopefully this make sens.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
mgt_light
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.6

Post by mgt_light »

Hi

I Have tried it, but it is no working siutable for me. Maybe you could make a short video tuturial, showing ur way of solving the problem, because when i try it, it seems to have no the required effect.

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”