These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

American DJ Revo III

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
gdaddy
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

American DJ Revo III

Post by gdaddy »

Is anyone familiar with, or has used, the Revo III LED light by American DJ and have they tried the FS with this light ... i'm trying, just very confusing ... :?: :?: :?: :fs: :o

buster69

Re: American DJ Revo III

Post by buster69 »

I have the impossibld which is the same light I believe, have you sorted afixture file yet ?
crewl1
FreeStyler Version: 2.96j

Post by crewl1 »

Fill me in on what you'd like to do with the REVO 3.
I usually run mine in sound active and never really thought about wanting to run it DMX.
Note that channel 1 sets the mode (standalone, chase or pattern) then channel 2 selects the chase or pattern, channel 3 sets the speed and channel 4 sets the dimmer.
That's in 4 channel mode.
10 channel mode says it does the same thing but uses channels 2-8 for chase and pattern, and ch 9 for speed.
Mybe next week I will hook it up and test it out if no one creates a fixture before then.
Larry
IBM Thinkpad T30, Pentium P4 1.8 Ghz, 1Gig Ram, ATI Radeon 7500, Windows XP SP2
crewl1
FreeStyler Version: 2.96j

Post by crewl1 »

I played around with the REVO 3 in DMX mode and can only see additional benefit for me personally of:
blackout control, strobe all lamps and turning on/off sound active.

To me the patterns and chases by themselves are kinda boring.
You could program it yourself for a series of chases and patterns but IMO it's a waste of time since the built in programs are already pretty good.

I'll upload a 4 channel file with shortcuts for fast strobe, slow strobe, blackout and sound active in a little bit.

Remember that if you want to program it
Channel 1 is mode (Pattern - Chase - Standalone)
Channel 2 is selection of pattern or chase 1 - 25
Channel 3 is chase speed or pattern strobe rate
Channel 4 is lamp dimmer

Check your manual for corresponding DMX values. Larry
IBM Thinkpad T30, Pentium P4 1.8 Ghz, 1Gig Ram, ATI Radeon 7500, Windows XP SP2
buster69

Post by buster69 »

If This is the sme as the impossibled led could you share the fixture file please.
mamsoft
FreeStyler Version: 2.95h

Post by mamsoft »

hi @ all,
i have a quastion about the revo III.
what means "stand-alone" in dmx mode?
(if i select the dmx mode and set channel 1 to standalone.)
is the stand-alone mode with or without sound to light in the dmx mode ???
or only patterns after another?
thx 4 answers
Kristoff
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by Kristoff »

Hi,
I'm new here so don't shhot me down if I'm being dumb ;-)

I'm investigating options for a friend who has an Impossibled and 2x Miracleds. Can anyone tell me a) what control you get over the Impossibled via DMX (colour etc?) and b) If there is a fixture file created for it?

I've yet to really use Freestyler and, as yet, don't have access to a USB-DMX dongle. Therefore testing isn't easy so far.
Thanks all.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”