These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

DMX Input again

Questions regarding general external control forum.
bssmusic
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

DMX Input again

Post by bssmusic »

Hi,
i tried to use the FS DMX Input with a Digital Enlightenment FX5.
There seems to be a "interface setup - external control - DMX in" setup, whitch seems to be fix patched to "GOBO 1, GOBO2" and so on. When enabled, only one channel is responding. There was a thread in February 2010 telling, that it would work only with the Martin interface, and that it is of no interest, because not enough users need it.
@Ralph EDIT: @Raphael (sorry): Don't you really want to make a "Grandma" with FS??
As one channel is responding to DMX IN, it should be possible to make for example an MA Lightco patchable to Faders and functions. I think of recalling cues, merging cases or scenes by fader and so on.
Does it make sense to discuss it in the bug report wiki?
As it is, FS is fine for DJ applications, but for a liveshow, a hybrid console is essential. It makes more sense to me to use DMX values made for light control than MIDI notes. And in case of emergency......;-)

G

Peter

Return to “General Midi Controllers”