These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

how to reset colorwheel presets

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
dherde
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

how to reset colorwheel presets

Post by dherde »

Hi.
I have a martin qfx150 fixture that has a colorwheel channel that has scrolled colors between 1 and 144 (every 16 steps is 100% the next color.) and stepped colors and rotations above that in increments of 4. I made a bunch of presets(number,bmp) but not well. The lower 144 section disappeared and now I have doubles of some dmx values. Two questions..

1 - Without rebuilding the fixture from scratch (It has 5 channels that do a lot of stuff) How do I add and delete individual preset entries?

2 - Is there a way to create something that can go through the lower 144 values and then add the upper incremented values with preset entries?

Maybe a third question..
What is the best way to tackle the presets or program the effects for this fixture?

TIA..
David

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: how to reset colorwheel presets

Post by Jan_K »

Hej David.

I am not sure what you are aiming at but fixture creator has a auto generate function.

Also I had a look on the DMX table think the Continuous Scroll will work best on a fader.
else the formula can be used to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 color in a nice easy way.
Have a look in wiki under tutorial.

Please export your fixture and upload it here then we can have a look.

/Jan
dherde
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by dherde »

OK..
Here is what I made. (Please don't laugh it is new to me..)
Is there any good reference for building fixtures in a text file? There seems to be a lot of stuff that I dragged along that I don't need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej David
No one will laugh of you. :D

There is no text editor but this not that complex to figure out.
Have a look on the wiki and please give a feed back when you don’t find what you are looking for then we can improve it.

Back to the fixture.
QFX-150.jpg
Intensity Channel 2, 0 to 255 that’s fine.
And then add it to Shutter Ch, 2, open 255 and closed 0

Colors.
I can see that you only uses the stepped color meaning that you don’t use the possibility to use half colors and so on with icons.
That is ok. You can always use the fader for that.
In the color table you have a lot of values that are the same. And you uses the first value for a color.
I normally uses the mid value but in this fixture it is not critical because the value range is only 165 to 168.
I have cleaned up the color a bit but you have to find the color icons you self.

I have placed the twinkle and color speed on gobo control.
It is one way to do this.

Then I have moved the Lamp to macro because off require that Ch 2 is < 3 and ch 4 is > 252 at the same time.

Additional I have corrected reset value.

Not it is a not tested fixture. I don't have the HW.
Martin QFX-150_2.pff
If you need more icons then import these fixtures.
http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... f=6&t=3599

/Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”