These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

what is the new FORMULA in macros???

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
djlorenz
Knows how to turn Lights ON

what is the new FORMULA in macros???

Post by djlorenz »

i seen in FC now you have Formula in macros table

what is it? how can i use it? i seen infos down but i dont undertand...

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: what is the new FORMULA in macros???

Post by Spirit »

Yes i did also take a look at the Martin Pro918-Mode2 but i also did not understand it.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

add Martin Pro918-Mode2 to FS then you have a guess whats the new formula's do:

I'm at work and don't have Fixture creator in front of me so can't get into details, but the formulas give you the opportunity to have macro's in other windows than the macro window in FS. Lets say I have a lot of colour macros. Now I can have the colour macros displayed in the colour window in FS.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

ahhh i lookt 5min more but Yes now I understand how it works.... :D
But its realy hard to see, what it does
but the formulas give you the opportunity to have macro's in other windows than the macro window in FS
Nope you are not right you can do that with "Show in"

but the formula does something else, i will explain but at this moment i don't have the time to Explain it.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

this from the Martin Pro 918 Mode2
"CH03=(CI1*16)+5"

"CH01=" this is The channels you like to put a Formula on
"(CI1" means ColorIndex1 = Colorwheel1. (Or CI2, GI1, GI2, GI3 = GoboWheel 1,2,3.
"*16)" the value beteen color1 to color2 to color3 and on.....(or gobo)
"+5" = The Value you like to increase

"CH05=136-(20*(GI1-1))" This looks like a toggle button

"136" = the value you like to have with the first press.(=156)
"-(20" = the value you like to decrease second press.(156-20=136)
"*(GI1-1))" looks like the GoboIndex

It just looks like this, i don't know it for sure.

This is an example with a fixture that haves 1 Channel
oke What does the Formula do This is realy nice if you have a Gobo Wheel with a shake function (Or something like it) and it looks someting like this
Gobo.png
you see
gobo1 slow110->119fast
gobo2 slow120->129fast
gobo3 slow130->139fast
and on........

now the old way if you want to have all the shaking gobo's to have a Slow ,med, fast button you need to make 9x3=27 differnt buttons.now whith the Formula you can select a Gobo from the Goboindex Lets say Gobo1Value110 now you press the Frist Macro formula(slow) CH1=(GI1*10)+3 and the value from gobowheel1 change to 113 (110+3)
oke second Macro formula(med) CH1=(GI1*10)+6 and the value from gobowheel1 goes to 116 (110+6)
third Macro formula(Fast) CH1=(GI1*10)+9 and the value from Gobowheel1 goes to 119 (110+9)

know if you select gobo2 value120 and press
First Macro formula(Slow) CH1=(GI1*10)+3 and the value from Gobowheel1 goes to 123 (120+3)
Second Macro formula(Med) CH1=(GI1*10)+6 and the value from Gobowheel1 goes to 126 (120+6)
third Macro formula(Fast) CH1=(GI1*10)+9 and the value from Gobowheel1 goes to 129 (120+9)

so at the end you only need to make 9+3 differnt button to reach the 27 differnt possibilities.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Spirit on February 9th, 2011, 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GaryBonaducci
DJ
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by GaryBonaducci »

Spirit, thanks for the explanation! :)

I took a look at the Martin Pro 918 Mode2 fixture profile, and it looks like the Formula may be written incorrectly, because it behaves strangely in FreeStyler.

Anyway, I discovered an important point about using Formulas: It must NOT contain any spaces in the formula:

CH01 = 6 + (GI1 * 6) WRONG, will not work.

CH01=6+(GI1*6) CORRECT, will work. (No spaces in Formula.)

I am trying to write a fixture profile for the Chauvet 4Play:
http://www.chauvetlighting.com/4play.html
http://www.chauvetlighting.com/products ... LAY_UM.pdf

Using the old method is impossible, because this is a 4-in-1 lighting fixture. Each lamp has 37 different color macros on four channels; plus, there is a Strobe master channel, and a Function channel with 11 states. All together, there are over 150 different states the Chauvet 4Play can be in; and the Macro window is limited to only 150 macros.

With this new "Show In" and "Formula" feature, I can select the Color Macro using the Gobo window, and then assign it to a lamp. Plus, this layout is much simpler than having over 150 buttons.

I will be uploading the fixture file soon, and you can see how neat it looks! :)
GaryBonaducci
DJ

Post by GaryBonaducci »

Take a look at this fixture file for the Chauvet 4Play that I created using Fixture Creator's new "Show In" and "Formula" features.

It adds two "Off" buttons to the fixture's "Lamp" window: One to turn of the strobe, and another as a master off switch to turn off all four lighting heads.

It also adds buttons labeled "1", "2", "3", and "4" to the "Gobos" window. These buttons simply copy the DMX value of Light1 (on channel 1, or CH01) to the respective channels. Nothing complex -- there are no formulas other than "CH02=CH01" and so forth. (The button labeled "1" doesn't really do anything because it simply copies the value onto itself.)

By using these two new features, I have been able to significantly reduce the amount of buttons on FreeStyler's "Macros" window. I can assign the LED "gobo patterns" on Light1 to any Light2~Light4 simply through FreeStyler's "Gobos" window instead of using a massive amount of buttons on the "Macros" window.

The layout for this fixture is now much simpler and cleaner! :fs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GaryBonaducci
DJ

Post by GaryBonaducci »

Spirit wrote:this from the Martin Pro 918 Mode2
"CH03=(CI1*16)+5"

"(CI1" means ColorIndex1 Or Colorwheel1. (Or CI2, GI1, GI2, GI3 Or GoboWheel 1,2,3.
"*16)" THis is also a mistory for me Because if you change this value it doesn't work proper anymore....
CIx and GIx are indexed numbers and only go in the order 1, 2, 3, 4... (sequential whole numbers)

But DMX numbers are usually spread out between 0~255. The "*16" is to get DMX values 16, 32, 48, 64...

The "+5" makes the DMX values into 21, 37, 53, 69....
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Hey spirit and GaryBonaducci

seems like you know more about this than other users (including me)
Could you make a wiki page with what you both have found out? that would be awesome!!! and help a lot of users (including me)
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

GaryBonaducci wrote:But DMX numbers are usually spread out between 0~255. The "*16" is to get DMX values 16, 32, 48, 64...
ahh yes i see it , my example is't corect to, i will correct it right away.
Color goes from 0,16,32,48,64 so thats the 16.

your fixture does look great.
And there is a New Formula!!:
CH01=Ch01
CH01=CH02
CH01=CH03.....
CH01=CH33
CH02=CH01
CH02=CH02
CH02=CH03....
CH02=CH33

and on Ch33xCh33=1089 differnt way's to use it.. :D
GaryBonaducci
DJ

Post by GaryBonaducci »

LJ_krede.dk wrote:Hey spirit and GaryBonaducci

seems like you know more about this than other users (including me)
Could you make a wiki page with what you both have found out? that would be awesome!!! and help a lot of users (including me)
Okay, I'll put some time aside to do this..... But keep in mind I only learned about this new feature last night, less than 24 hours ago!!! :D I still need to think about all the different ways it can be used before writing a tutorial! :lol:

ETA: Also, I'll take a guess and say that there probably are a few "undocumented" variables also available, in addition to CHx, CIx, and GIx that's already listed..... 8-)
GaryBonaducci
DJ

Post by GaryBonaducci »

@LJ_krede.dk & Spirit, I have started the Wiki entry and most of the writing is done. It looks like I will need to create a few new fixtures to show examples on how to use the two new features, so I left all the screenshots blank for now.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Yes i did see it on the Freestyler wiki and it look great.
at the moment i'm busy to make my Robe colorspot575at with all the new features and a lot more BIG update. :D
maby we can use it, for the Shakingobo example i made before.
GaryBonaducci
DJ

Post by GaryBonaducci »

Okay, that sounds good! :)
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Oke i do not get it to work so u can use the Martin Pro 918 Mode2 as expamle with half gobo's.
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

a little question:

I tried to make a formula like this yesterday:
CH5=CH5+1

It did not work,, is it me or is this not thw right way to do it?
I want to have two macros that steps up and steps down the DMX value
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
kristof
FreeStyler Version: 3.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by kristof »

Hi all at FS forum! (my first real post :fs: )
LJ_krede.dk wrote: I tried to make a formula like this yesterday:
CH5=CH5+1

This syntax won't work.

I tried CH05=CH05+1 and it worked OK, so looks like a 0 must be used for channels 1 to 9 (or should I say 01 to 09 :oops: ).

Has anyone tried to use formula for pan/tilt channels? I'm trying to figure out something that would be useful, but so far no sucess...
GaryBonaducci
DJ

Post by GaryBonaducci »

Welcome to the forum, Kristof! :fs:

Thanks for figuring this out:
kristof wrote:Hi all at FS forum! (my first real post :fs: )
LJ_krede.dk wrote: I tried to make a formula like this yesterday:
CH5=CH5+1

This syntax won't work.

I tried CH05=CH05+1 and it worked OK, so looks like a 0 must be used for channels 1 to 9 (or should I say 01 to 09 :oops: ).

Has anyone tried to use formula for pan/tilt channels? I'm trying to figure out something that would be useful, but so far no sucess...
Very interesting to hear about the 01~09 versus 1~9. I know using "ch1", "Ch1" and "CH1" has been fine with me, so it's odd that only "CH05=CH05+1" is working.

What are you trying to do with the Pan/Tilt channels?
kristof
FreeStyler Version: 3.4

Post by kristof »

I'm trying different combinations with pan/tilt and pan/tilt speed channel but so far nothing useful came out (sth. like http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... f=6&t=3448 )
Jan_K
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hey spirit and GaryBonaducci

I have been looking on the 4play and on the wiki. Nice work.

One thing popped up.

Note. I have not been testing this!

In the 4 play the “CH01=CH01” , …. CH04=CH01 appears.

This actually mean that CH01 will always have the main value.
If I want to use two different gobos on CH04 and CH01 then I first have to do the steps like this.
CH01 = Gobo2
CH04 = CH01
CH01 = Gobo1
CH01 = CH01 (not needed)
You need to know that CH01 is the last channel to set else it will be overwritten.

In other programs you add an extra channel (CH07) not used by the H.W. fixture.
This channel is unfortunately lost because it is only used for calculation and we are a bit limited in no of channels. So :(
Have been playing with LedTrix – matrix and there you easily uses 200 channels just for a small matrix. :D

The formula then looks like this.
CH07 = Gobo1
CH01 = CH07
CH07 = Gobo2
CH04 = CH07
The order is not critical.

The disadvantages by using formula for things like this is that you loss the direct connection from an icon to the fixture (You have to make more steps)

The advantages is that the fixture can be made more simple.

If I am correct the I think you need to add this to wiki.

Also If I am correct then it may be and idea to make a "feature request" where all fixture gets a "dummy" channal for this formula stuff.

/Jan
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8

Post by Mavi »

After a long time I am back. And I started rebuilding my fixture files adding the new show in and formula feature. But while doing so, I came up with a problem:
I want 5 Buttons to select speed (like gobo/prism rotation) and 2 buttons to select direction (clockwise or counter clockwise). Let’s say you can switch from slow clockwise to slow counter clockwise by adding 100 to the DMX value. So everything would work fine if you first select speed, then direction.
But now let’s say you are in slow counter clockwise mode and want to change only the speed. This seems impossible since clicking on fast would also change the direction because the +100 will not be performed.

I thought about a possible solution and came up with the following idea:
If there are markers, this would be possible. The both direction buttons would set the marker for rotation [let’s call it m1] to 0 (clockwise) and 1 (counter clockwise). The formula will be added to the speed-macros and would be something like this: DMX-Value-For-This-Speed + 100*m1
But there is another problem. Now if you want to change only direction you cannot do this anymore. The marker only will be set to another value but since the speed macro is not clicked it will not be evaluated with the new marker value. This means, changing a marker would also require evaluating all formulas using that marker.

What do you think: Would this be an useful feature? I have not posted it as a feature request. I want to discuss with you first, because you might say this is such a bad idea no one will use it and raph should not spend time on developing it :)
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Welcom back, mavi

i have also been thinking about something like you say.

only i would like to have a Extra/Optional Fader to the Lamp window/Gobo window/color window/Iris-Frost.....window.
and the idea is you can set a Min and max value to a Macro, so if i Press the Macro(CCW gobo with min 100 and max 150)we can controll this with the optional Fader so the fader will be 0%=100 and 100%=150

so the optional fader will change to the last macro you have pressed.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”