These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Multiple Channels for the same color LED PAR

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
Kosh
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Multiple Channels for the same color LED PAR

Post by Kosh »

I have created a Fixture for Eliminator Electro 196 II w/ macros for the built in programs

My problem is, there are multiple channels for the same color and when I select a color lets say RED for example freestyler only turns on 1 channel of red instead of all 3 channels of red

Chan 1 Control
Chan 2 Red 1
Chan 3 Red 2
Chan 4 Red 3
Chan 5 Green 1
Chan 6 Green 2
Chan 7 Blue 1
Chan 8 Blue 2

http://img169.imageshack.us/i/elctro1.jpg/
http://img220.imageshack.us/i/electro2.jpg/

I looked at some other fixture files with multiple channels for the same color ( color palette etc ) but did not see where the other "red " channels are referenced

Can someone tell me how i can join the color channels, so when i hit red on the color wheel, all red channels light ? or some kind of work around .

I have 4 scanners, 1 moving head, 6 led rain 64's , 6 color pallettes, and 8 eliminator electro 196
I have a big show coming up and would like to have the electro 196 programmed in before the show.

Thanks in advance !!

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Multiple Channels for the same color LED PAR

Post by Spirit »

oke the color wheel don't going to work.
just look at which colors you like to use and make a macro button for it.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Electro 196 II User Manual - Eliminator Lighting

if you want a variable intensity of the RGB colours, Macro's wont work for you. There is two "workarounds" depending how much flexibility you want:

Workaround 1:
If you don't want to control each colour groups but just the three colours:
make a Patch in the FS setup, so the Red, green and blue channels of the fixture sends out to three channels each

Workaround 2:
If you want to control each colour groups:
make 3 different fixture files for the Eliminator which controls different RGB gorups (shutter channel could be the same). put the fixture at the same start channel in FS.

this is the short description, I know but I'm at work right now and should do something else. if you want more details how to do the workarounds let me know.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

whoeps sorry i did not see he did not have a separated intensity channel :D
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Kosh

Post by Kosh »

Thanks for the advice !
I created macro's for the fixture before I saw the responses.

LJ_krede It would be great if you could go into detail later on workaround 1

The macro's "work" but it would be alot better to control this light with the pre made color pallet in freestyler. Especially since i have to other brands of wash lighting as well
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Patch Channels for the same color LED PAR

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

1) Add the fixture
2) Setup --> FreeStyler Setup --> Preferences --> Patch
3) Patch the channel together like I did on the picture:
Patch.png
these numbers in the rectangle show which channel from Freestyler controls which DMX channel
Example:
--
FS Channel: 1 --> DMX Channel: 1
--
FS Channel: 2 --> DMX Channel: 2, 3, 4
FS Channel: 3 --> N/A
FS Channel: 4 --> N/A
--
FS Channel: 5 --> DMX Channel: 5, 6
FS Channel: 6 --> N/A
--
FS Channel: 7 --> DMX Channel: 7, 8
FS Channel: 8 --> N/A
--
Now it should work --> When you control the RGB sliders in the colour window, the patched channels will get the same values

The DMX Output window shows with red which channels have been modified (in this case patched)

NOTE: remember to reset the patch if you remove the Eliminator, so the patch will return to default (1-->1, 2-->2 and so on)

Let me know how it works for you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
Kosh

Post by Kosh »

Thank you !!!!

I just did a lighting show last night, and wow what a pain.. this is going to help me out a Bunch !! thank you again !
Kosh

Post by Kosh »

Works like a charm !

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”