These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

How to create Macros in Fixture creator

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

How to create Macros in Fixture creator

Post by blaide13 »

I have a light which is essentially the American DJ Mega Panel, an RGB panel. In 7 ch DMX mode, channel 4 in the fixture manual is p-re-programmed shows and channel 5 is the speed. I successfully created a fixture profile in fixture creator, but don't know where to put Ch 4 and Ch5. I tried putting them in the pan tilt section, but then they are on all the time. I'm thinking I can place them in the macros, but have no idea if that's possible or how to do it. Is there a Macros tutorial? I havn't been able to find one yet.

blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper

Re: How to create Macros in Fixture creator

Post by blaide13 »

just for additional information, I only need to find a place to place Ch 4 and 5 that are easy to control and can be turned on and off when I want to switch between RGB mode or preprogrammed shows. Channel 5 controls the speed of the shows. Here is the channel listings for this fixture in 7 channel mode:

CH1 - Red
CH2 - Green
CH3 - Blue
CH4 - 001-239 Color Show
240-255 Sound Active
CH5 - Speed Adjusted
0-100%
CH6 - Strobe
CH7 - Master Dimmer
0-100%

All channels have been succesfully created in fixture creator except CH 4 & 5. Any suggestions?
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by blaide13 »

Ok, I figured it out. The only thing I can'tr seem to do is get out of the macros once I start one. I can go from macros to macro, but there doesn't seem to be a way to turn them off once they've been turned on. The only way I can turn them off so I can go back into RGB mode is to actually shut down freestyler and restart the program. Where is thje off switch for the macros?
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

You Can't "switch off" a macro by click on it twice... the macro sets the configured DMX values for the specific channels. What people and you should do in your case is to make a macro that sets channel 4 to 0 to turn the colour shows off. you could also just move the faders to the right in freestyler, but it is nice to have a macro button for the purpose thoug
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

You can put channel 4 as gobo 1 and channel 5 as gobo channel 2. This would give you the option to set different controls to those specific channels. You can also attach a lil picture to it to help remember what those controls are. If you use macros to run channels 4 & 5, all other channels will be affected.

It's your fixture file. Create it the way you want it to work. As long as you remember where every function is and what it does, that's all that matters. Label all the channels in the "Channel description" tab of fixture creator to help you remember. I use the gobo channels for built in programs of LED fixtures all the time. The light doesn't necessarily have to have gobos to do this. The software doesn't know if the light actually has a gobo or not either. It works great.
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Shannon D wrote:If you use macros to run channels 4 & 5, all other channels will be affected
no they won't.. if you not write anything for the other channels there will be no changes at these channels
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

OK, I stand corrected. I never have used macros for a channel setup which would of left other channels empty. All my macros always had a number, even if it was zero.
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by blaide13 »

Thank you guys. I created a macro where channel 4 is set to zero and channel 7 (dimmer) is set to zero. Now when I click the off macros I created, it shuts the light off. As soon as I open the dimmer, I can go back into RGB mode with the color wheel. Actually kind of easy to create fixtures once you can wrap your head around how thiongs work. I'll be creating a fixture file soon for a 14 channel moving head light. Can't wait to see if I've learned enough to do it myself without having to ask for help. Thanks again guys for all the help.
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

blaide13 wrote:I'll be creating a fixture file soon for a 14 channel moving head light. Can't wait to see if I've learned enough to do it myself without having to ask for help. Thanks again guys for all the help.
you welcome :) .. but if you have some issues you can't figure out, don't hesitate to ask,, that's what this forum is all about

:fs:
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”