These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Showtec Clubscan help needed

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
Soundstar Drive In
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Showtec Clubscan help needed

Post by Soundstar Drive In »

hello,

Need some help creating fixture file for showtec clubscan 250

Did everything according to manual on this forum, now i have one problem /challenge i don't get.

The scanner has the following DMX channels, can you please tell me how to configure the: rainbow effect, the strobe effect and what to do with the flip gobo options

DMX Protocol Channel 1 - Horizontal movement (Pan) Push the slider up, in order to move the mirror horizontally (PAN). Gradual mirror adjustment from one end of the slider to the other (0-255, 128-center). The mirror can be turned by 180°and stopped at any position you wish.

Channel 2 - Vertical movement (Tilt) Push the slider, up in order to move the mirror vertically (TILT). Gradual mirror adjustment from one end of the slider to the other (0-255, 128-center). The mirror can be turned by 75°and stopped at any position you wish.

Channel 3 –Gobowheel
0-5 Off
6-11 Open / white
12-17 Gobo 1
18-23 Gobo 2
24-29 Gobo 3
30-35 Gobo 4
36-41 Gobo 5
42-47 Gobo 6
48-53 Gobo 7
54-59 Gobo 8
60-65 Gobo Flip 1+2
66-71 Gobo Flip 2+3
72-77 Gobo Flip 3+4
78-83 Gobo Flip 4+5
84-89 Gobo Flip 5+6
90-95 Gobo Flip 6+7
96-101 Gobo Flip 7+8
102-107 Gobo Flip 8+open
108-171 Positive/Negative Rainbow effect with increasing speed
172-251 Strobe effect with increasing speed
252-255 Open

Channel 4 – Dimmer
0-8 Off
9-246 On
247-255 Reset

Thankx in advance.

Dj-Roberto

remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Showtec Clubscan help needed

Post by remco_k »

Soundstar Drive In wrote: can you please tell me how to configure the: rainbow effect, the strobe effect and what to do with the flip gobo options
According to the description you fixture has 17 gobo's and:
108-171 Positive/Negative Rainbow effect with increasing speed
172-251 Strobe effect with increasing speed
You need to devide those 2 in steps. Lets assume 4. (but you may do more or less, what fits the best).
Meaning you need to configure 25 (17+4+4) gobos.
The 108-171 should be spread out over that 4 "gobo's".
Same goes for 172-251. Insert nice pictures to explain what it does.

If you have more questions, please post your exported fixture file with it. (*.pff) so we can see were youre at.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
Soundstar Drive In

Hey Remco_k,

Thankx, will try to do what you suggestend.

If i'm done shall I post the pff file here?
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8

Post by Mavi »

Plese post the file! If you have any further problems we will be able to help you.

If you tested the fixture file and everything works fine post it to the user created fixture files section. So if anyone else want to use the fixture file he can use ures and does not havte to create the same fixture file again.
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
Soundstar Drive In

oke, I'm finished creating the file, can you tell me how to attach the pff file?
I did not test it jet, since I do not have the interface yet....

If tested it, i will post the file for other forum members.
Also I created all the pictures for the gobo's and the fixture as wel, including the ones for the gobo flipping.
Should I upload them as well, and where should I do this?

Dj-Roberto
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

In the fixture creator you can export the fixture file you created.
Choose: File->Export.

It will export an *.pff file, that file contains *everything* needed. So you don't need to attach images and other stuff.
Just attach the *.pff file to your post using the upload attachment tab shown under the editor when creating or editing a post.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
Soundstar Drive In

Oke, here it is....

Hope it works..

Dj-Roberto
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soundstar Drive In

Oke finally received the USB Pro dongle.

So tonight will be able to test the fixture file.
Has anyone checked if it was oke?

Thankx.
Dj Roberto
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8

Post by Mavi »

I just gabe the ixture file you created a quick look. Everything seams to be fine. Now it is up to you to test with the fixture at your side.

The only thing I noticed you set a lamp on/off channel but no shutter channel. Test the master blackout function. I am not sure if that will work. I think (but do not know exaclty right now if I am right) that blackout will close the shutter. If blackout does not work with your fixture file add values for the shutter channel:
channel: 4, open: 246, close: 0 (or something like that, I guess you know what I mean).
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”