These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Enttec Usb dmx Pro on Windows 7 64 Bit

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
mich0701
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2

Enttec Usb dmx Pro on Windows 7 64 Bit

Post by mich0701 »

Hello, I just bought the interface! Everything seems to be ok with it, it worked one time in Freestyler when I played with the com ports after lots of trying.
But at this time if I connect the interface and start freestyler there is an error: Windows this program does not work anymore (original in german: dieses Programm funktioniert nicht mehr) search for solutions etc,.. and than it closes freestyler, an this continues for x times .... tried every com port, every usb port,.... Searched on the internet for solutions, i ran it in compatibility xp mode, i ran it as administrator, no chance to get it working.
I would be very pleased if someone could help me ! Thank you in advance.

remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Enttec Usb dmx Pro on Windows 7 64 Bit

Post by remco_k »

-Did you install the enttec driver before you connected the Enttec USB DMX Pro for the first time?
-If you connect your Enttec interface, you can find its COM port assignment in the device manager under COM and LPT ports. You'll see a numer there (say, COM3). No guessing is ever needed.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
mich0701

Post by mich0701 »

Uninstalled all drivers, reinstalled them while respecting the ftdi installation guide for windows 7, step by step,..... Reinstalled Freestyler, as soon as I select the Interface with the Com port everything crashes. I wasn't guessing the com port, I was changing it in device manager and Freestyler to see if it is also crashing. No chance yet, I'v now been working for hours on this without any result.

Edit: in the enttec dmx pro utility everything is fine, no porblems d2xx driver an com port, it immediately connects to the device without any problem!
DELighting
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Post by DELighting »

I am having the same problem, but still running on Vista. Enttec pro utility connects and says everything is working and gives me the com port. Go into Freestyler and program crashes if the Enttec USB Pro is connected. Start the program with the device unplugged and it starts up. Then plug it in, and reset the output settings correctly and program crashes. I was wondering if it was because my computer is a tablet PC that it ight have something to do with that. Everything works fine on another laptop, just not mine. tried it using 3.3.2 and 3.3.7. I searched the forum and found something about TabTip.exe causing crashes, but I disabled it and the problem is still there.
A Wanders
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by A Wanders »

Hi,

I have the same problem, is there anyone who fixed the problems with freestyler and Enttec Pro on 64x systems?

Thanks, Arjan

Return to “DMX Interfaces”