These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

skytec fixture

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
lenlo
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8

skytec fixture

Post by lenlo »

hi i am new to this and need some help
i have a skytec 150-330 or P2FUN as the manual says
when i try to create a new fixture for it it only half works
so channel 1 is tilt
2 is pan
3 is colour
4 is gobo
5 is gobo rotation
when i fill in the relivent data on fixture creator it all goes wrong
channel 1 does nothing
2 tilts
3 pans
4 does nothing
5 changes colour
thus no gobo change or rotation
i dont know what macros are or what values can be used and what it controles
i can make the fixture do everything by using a 7 or 8 channel fixture out of the preprogramed list
what do i need to do other than switch my brain on
many thanks
Lenny

Onge

Re: skytec fixture

Post by Onge »

Hi lenlo,

Can you export your fixture you have created so far and upload it to the forum.

Also either upload the manual or give us a web link to the manual.

Without these we cannot start to help as I am afraid we do not have enough information.
Mavi
LJ
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mavi »

Hi

As Onge said, we are hungry for more information here in this forum ;) But perhaps we can tell you something about macros to answer your question:
lenlo wrote:i dont know what macros are or what values can be used and what it controles
Macros are pre-definded sets of values. For every macro you have the possibility to define values for selected channels. If you for example want a red, slow rotating, specific gobo, you will set the channel for color (in your case probably 3) to a "red-value", the channel vor gobo rotation (5) to a "slow-rotation-value" (perhaps 20) and the channel for gobo (4) to the dmx-value for that specific gobo. In FS then you have the possibility to assign all 3 values by only hiting one button (the one for this macro).

But you do not have to define macros during seting up fixtrue files. Just leave the macro tab blank if you don't want to.

More Information on how creating macros can be found in the Wiki: http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... macros_tab
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
lenlo

Post by lenlo »

ok tell me how to get the fixture profile on here
and the manual was on www.skytronic.com but i cannot find it now
best i can do is take a pic of the page/s and put it on here if i can work owt how?
thanks
Lenny
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

In Fixture Creator: file -> export. Save the exported file anywhere to your hard disc, where you can find it again for the next step.

Here in the forum: When replying under the formular where you enter the post and the Submit button -> change from "options" to "uplaod attachment" tab. Select the exported fixture file to upload.

I think scanning or taking pictures of the pages would be fine. But perhaps you can verify that this is the right manuel http://www.skytronic.com/rsc/man/100/150_330.pdf (English version in the file under the netherlands one)? So you do not have to spend time on taking pictures ;)
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
lenlo

Post by lenlo »

ok i took a pic of the page with all the details on and it wont let me send it (too big)
so pardon my typing
the p2fun requires five dmx channels
channel 1 is tilt,channel 2 is pan,channel 3 is colour, channel 4 is gobos and channel 5 is gobo rotation.
channel 3
000-015 shutter closed
016-031 open/white
032-047 colour 1(red)
048-063 colour 2(light blue)
064-079 3 (yellow)
080-095 4 (green)
096-111 5 (purple)
112-127 6 (dark blue)
128-255 colour change from fast to slow

channel 4
000-031 open/shutter open
032-063 pattern 1
064-095 2
096-127 3
128-159 4
160-191 5
192-223 6
224-255 7

channel 5
000-007 stop
008-126 right (variable speed)
127 left (fast)
128-135 stop
136-255 left (variable speed)

if channels 1and 5 are both set to 255 (maximum) the scanner will reset itself so the unit goes back to zero

many thanks
Lenny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lenlo

Post by lenlo »

hi thanks for your help
yes this is the manual for my scanner
many thanks
Lenny
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

Ok, now I have taken a look to the fixtrue file, and found some problems:

1) Pan Range/Tilt Range:
These values should be the degree values of the Pan and Tilt of the fixture. If you do not want to calculate the, just leave them blank (as I do). But what you can not do is entering ranges in this inputbox!

2) Reset:
Same as above: You can not enter ranges. Since your fixture will reset by setting 2 channels to 255, you will have to use a macro. Just leave this input boxes blank.

3) Shutter:
You have not entered anything here. It is posibly to enter one channel in different purposes. So you can enter channel 3 (your color channel) here as well. Since your fixture defines its open/closed-state by the color wheel. Your shutter (channel 4) can not be closed, so this is a work around...

4) Prism rotation:
Your fixture has no prism. What you want to use is "gobo rotation". There are 2 possibilitys to do that. Easy one: just enter the channel number to "gobo rot. 1" (gobo rotation for the first gowo wheel). Then you will get a simple slieder in FS to controll gobo rotation. (In Addition you can use macros for setting up special behavior like "right rotation, fast"). Or you can set up a second gobo wheel. The values then corespond to the special behaviors.

I have some free time, so I will try to get your profile working. During I do so, you could take a look at the fixture creating tutorial here: http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... oving_head ;)
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

Here we go...

I now have edited your file. I correcte the mantioned mistakes. In addition i set the lamp channel the same as the shutter channel, with same values for open/on and closed/off. I think we just had an discussion about problems with blackout when this chennal is not set.

I also implemented the second mehode I named for gobo rotation. You now have to check if the pictures are right. I do not have a fixture standing at my side to test if a value of 8 is slow or fast. But I am sure you can change these little pictures to correct this.

I also created a macro for reset.
Since you probably not want your fixture to reset (what will take 15 seconds, the manual says) during ligt-shows, i set the gobo roation left to a maximum of 254 (255 would be the highest).But be carefull not to set channel 1 and 5 to 255 at the same time manualy :D

Oh, I also changed a picture for the color wheele. You had "yellow" instad of "purpel"

You now have to finde pictures coresponding to your gobos for the first gowo wheel.

Test this fixture file, if you finde any mistake correct it. And if you have any problem please ask again. You may also post the fixture file in the "FreeStyler Fixture Files - User created Downloads" section after correcting and testing it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

New guys helping new guys!

Thats all good - nice to see !
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
lenlo

Post by lenlo »

ok so i have down loaded your fixture
set it up in freestyler
when i click on it and open the slider box on the right hand sidei get this
line 1 tilt when i work this nothing happens
line2 pan this tilts about 50% in jerks
line3 lamp this pans about 50% in jerks
line 4 gobo this changes colour
line 5 this also changes colour
i have no idea what to do with it?
lenlo

Post by lenlo »

if it helps i have put martin imagescan-1 in freestyler to try to control the p2fun
this is what i get
line 1 shutter/ this does nothing
line 2 focus/ this gives me full tilt control
line 3 image rot/ thisgives me full pan control
line 4 orientation/ this does nothing
line 5 pan/ this changes colour
line 6 tilt/ this changes gobo
line 7 xy speed /this rotates the gobo
Onge

Post by Onge »

Then either the manual is wrong, or the fixture is not what the manual says it is, because you are saying it requires 5 channels but you are "test" controlling with 7 channels.

The first channel not doing anything could be they are not addressed the same on the fixture and in FreeStyler or it could just not do anything, depends if the manual and fixture are correct.

I know you are going to say both are at address 1.

There have been two dipswitch setting methods, one starts the dmx addressing at 1 with dispswitch 1 set to on, the other starts the dmx addressing at 1 with all dipswitches set off. So that might be something to check.
See Dipswitch Chart in the DMX Wiki for more info.

Channel 4 might be doing something just you do not know what it is doing, not many fixtures leave blank channels within the middle of it's address range.
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

Well, I don't want to say the fixture file I created is without any mistake... But the problem with the pan/tilt channel seams to be an addressing problem, as Onge said. What realy sounds strange is the unused channel in the middle of the used channels.

@dmxlightning: I realy like to use FS. Cann't understand people spending mony for other dmx-software ;) So using this forum and helping other people is my way to give tribute to FS and its developers. And I have to start as a "new guy" to help a "new guy" becouse I am a "new guy" before bekomming an "old guy" ;)

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”