These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Band Gig Pics 2-13-10

Getting good with your lighting shows? Need to show others the power of your FreeStyler programming? Than drop some pictures or videos in this section and Show the world your handy work!
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Band Gig Pics 2-13-10

Post by Shannon D »

I know this is a lighting software forum, but I know many of you guys are musicians as well and figured I would share this. I am a drummer (if you didn't know by now) and I recently built my own DIY V-Drum set. I took a 5 piece Sonor drum set, cut the tom shells in half and installed the necessary electronics inside each drum to convert the drums into electronic triggers. I left the bass drum full size to "fatten" the kit and disquise them from being electronic.

Anyway, here are a few pics of the first gig using this kit. We played at a Mardi Gras Parade here in South Louisiana. This was at a friend's house and the parade passes right in front of his property. There was lots of free food, beer, 2000+ jellow shots (spiked with Alcohol) and lots of other trimmings. They even built us a 24'x10' stage just for this party. Two of my band members were not there because they had to work, so we did this gig as a 4 piece. We agreed to do this for free for promotional purposes, but as it turned out, the host paid us $1000 at the end of the party. So we each walked away with $250 instead of it being a freebee. Needless to say, we are already booked for next years party! :mrgreen:

DSC02733.jpg
DSC02735.jpg
DSC02728.jpg
DSC02723.jpg
DSC02731.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shannon D on February 15th, 2010, 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Band Gig Pics 2-13-10

Post by Shannon D »

Oh, I did forget to mention my new Roland SPD-S which is a sampling pad and has midi out will be used to control Freestyler, is included in this kit. It is the grey device on the right side of the kit (my left when I am behind the kit). One pic shows a towel over it. I had cover it periodically to keep the sun from getting to the LCD screen.
DSC02738.jpg
DSC02726.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Show us your shows...”