These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Fixture Help - (Miltec) MTS Scan 250

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
newbie84
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Fixture Help - (Miltec) MTS Scan 250

Post by newbie84 »

hello

i am a complete beginner to freestyler and i'm trying to add a Miltec MTS Scan 250 light on fixture creator but failing. i have no user manual but have been given the following info from the manufacturer...

COLOUR WHEEL
0-31 open
32-63 red
64-95 yellow
96-127 purple
128-159 green
160-191 orange
192-223 blue
224-255 pink

GOBO
0-31 open
32-63 gobo 1
64-95 gobo 2
96-127 gobo 3
128-159 gobo 4
160-191 gobo 5
192-223 gobo 6
224-255 gobo 7

STROBE
0-14 closed
15-29 open
30-250 strobe
slow-fast
251-255 open

ROTATION
0-4 no rotation
5-120 rotation left
slow-fast
121-129 no rotation
140-255 rotation right
slow-fast

PAN
0-255

TILT
0-255

do i need more information from the manufacturer in order to create a working fixture? if so could somebody please advise what i should ask for?

here's what the manufacturer's web sites (ttp://miltec.org.uk and http://home.btconnect.com/MilTec--UK--L ... intro.html) say about the light incase that can shed any more light;

MTS 250 Scan
MSD 250 Lamp
7 Interchangeable rotating gobos
7 colours plus white
black-out and strobe shutter
pan and tilt mirror control
6 channel DMX control
master/slave mode

thanks in advance
mark

remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Fixture Help - (Miltec) MTS Scan 250

Post by remco_k »

newbie84 wrote: do i need more information from the manufacturer in order to create a working fixture? if so could somebody please advise what i should ask for?
Finally someone that dives into this himself. :mrgreen: (Instead of just asking for anyone to create the fixture file for them).

You'll need the DMX channel index for each function. It might be that it is in the order of what you said:
DMX Channel 1: Color
DMX Channel 2: Gobo
DMX Channel 3: Shutter (and strobe)
DMX Channel 4: Rotation
DMX Channel 5: Pan
DMX Channel 6: Tilt

But you might want to verify that by asking the manufacturer or just trying it out.
The fastest way of trying out is to use any random fixture file with at least 6 channels. (or just add 6 par cans starting at the adress of your fixture).
Parcan 1 is the color control, 2 gobo, 3, Shutter .... and so on.
See if that fits or find out what it is if it does not.

With that (confirmed) DMX channel info you should be able to create the fixture file. If not, post the confirmed DMX channel description here, together with your exported fixture file (*.pff!) and we'll think along.
But before doing that, have a look at any other (about the same) fixture in the Fixture Creator to get the idea... (lookup the DMX channel description for that also to get the complete picture)
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

You should know that 'Miltec' are a distributor based in Maidstone Kent (near where I live).
They make absolutley nothing. They do import and rebadge other stuff. The MTS range is exclusive to Miltec.

I should be able to get a proper manual for these units if needed.

But you are nearly there. As remco said you need to know what channels each attribute is on.
You should be able to work it out if you hook it up to FS and open up any 6 channel fixture and pull the faders up & down.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
newbie84

Post by newbie84 »

thanks remco_k and dmxlighting fella, i've just had this back from miltec...

"Channel 1 is colour wheel , channel 2 in gobo wheel, 3 is strobe, 4 gobo rotation channel 5 in pan and channel 6 is tilt.

The numbers for example 0-31 are the dmx values.

I hope that helps"

i think i've input everything in to freestyler so i'll test it out tonight and let you know how i get on

many thanks
m
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

Fixture file for MTS 250 Scan...
250 Scan.pff
Let me know if its any good!
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
newbie84

Post by newbie84 »

i'm really sorry it's taken so long to test out your fixture file 'dmxlighting', for which i am very grateful. we decided to move some lights about which has thrown up a kink in the DMX chain. it should be sorted tonight and the fixture file tested so i'll let you know how we get on

many thanks
newbie84

Post by newbie84 »

finally....i managed to test the MTS Scan 250 fixture today and it all works perfectly! thank you so much for your help "dmxlighting"

i've added the user manual to this post (all 2 pages of it) should anybody need it in the future. i also tried to upload the updated fixture file (i found the correct gobo designs) but it wouldn't let me upload a .fxt file on here and i'm not sure how you make a .pff file sorry. however, i've uploaded the file to my server which can download from...http://www.thebrickyardonline.com/freestyler

just remember to put it in 'Program Files' > 'Freestyler' > 'Fixtures' (i think it's 'Fixtures'? i'm not near the computer with Freestyler installed on sorry)

there's a couple of more lights i'm having problems with if anybody has the time to look over my fixture files, one of them being another MTS light! but i'll start new threads for them as to avoid confusion

thanks again, very much appreciated
m
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dustin
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Film

Post by dustin »

newbie84 wrote: i also tried to upload the updated fixture file (i found the correct gobo designs) but it wouldn't let me upload a .fxt file on here and i'm not sure how you make a .pff file sorry. however, i've uploaded the file to my server which can download from...http://www.thebrickyardonline.com/freestyler
m
Hi newbie84,

it's quiet simple to make a .pff file.
In the fixture creator just go to "File" at he Menubar and then click on "Export". Or press "F7".
Then you will get a dialog windows where you can specifiy a path and folder where to save the .pff.

edit:
The MTS Scanner you have, seems to be the same as the HQ-Power Extreme250. Take a look here. There's also a user manual to download. Perhaps this site will help you with your other fixtures.
Greetings, Dustin
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

You can attach the pff file here once exported from the fixture creator (as stated anbove me), but better yet: upload your exported fixture file to this subforum: FreeStyler Fixture Files - User created Downloads
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
newbie84

Post by newbie84 »

.pff for MTS Scan 250 now attached to this post and in the user created downloads forum

dustin: the MTS 250 Scan does seem to be the same as the HQ-Power Extreme250. I also have an MTC Wash 250 that i'm trying to get a fixture file made for (and struggling) and that too seems to be the same as HQ's VDP250CC3 WARP 250, although i can't find a fixture file for this light on the forum

i've made a new post regarding the MTC 250 wash in hope that someone can see where i'm going wrong, again i think it's the shutter and strobe settings which i'm not getting right

thanks
m
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”