These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Fixture File for Chauvet Colorstrip

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
Randy A
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/

Fixture File for Chauvet Colorstrip

Post by Randy A »

Could someone be willing to help me figure this out?

I'm using the standard colorstrip fixture file that came with FS 3.2.8.

Manual: http://www.chauvetlighting.com/products ... ug-195.pdf

From what I can see, it appears that the file was setup incorrectly.

Channel 1 should be for functions -- including any pre-programmed static colors, color chases & color changes, along with telling the light to go into RGB color mix mode, color fades or Auto Run. But, all that information seems to be set up on Channel 2. All these are functioning on channel 2.

Channel 2 should be RED
Channel 3 should be GREEN
Channel 4 should be BLUE

My first problem is that I can't access RGB mode. It should be channel 1 set to 220 to 229 & utilizing channels 2 thru 4 to color mix. Right?

Then, looking at the Macros -- for example, when looking at just the one for RED. The value of 15 is inputted on channel 1 & the macro button didnt' work, but after I changed it to channel 2, it did.

It appears to me that most everything is shifted one channel, which is causing issues when trying to access some other features correctly.

I'll be happy to rebuild the fixture file, but I need some assistance to make it happen.

LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Fixture File for Chauvet Colorstrip

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Randy A wrote:Channel 1 should be for functions -- including any pre-programmed static colors, color chases & color changes, along with telling the light to go into RGB color mix mode, color fades or Auto Run

Yes, according to the manual this is correct.
Randy A wrote:But, all that information seems to be set up on Channel 2. All these are functioning on channel 2.
If you have the same fixture file as i have, it does not look like it is wrong, all values are correctly set for channel 1. Shannon who made this file also typed in some values for channel 2 and 3 in his macros, and made a lot of macros which suit he's needs. That is not necessary but i think that is the way shannon want it to be. you can change this if you want to.. OBS: If you dont type anything in the boxes for macros (not even 0) The macro will not affect this channel and the existing value be unchanged.
Randy A wrote:My first problem is that I can't access RGB mode. It should be channel 1 set to 220 to 229 & utilizing channels 2 thru 4 to color mix. Right?
wrong. according to the manual channel 1 has to be set to 210-219 to get the colorstrip in RGB mode. that is also correct in the fixture file i'm using

remember: If you are testing the fixture file with magic 3d..... dont! magic3d is not so complex so it can vizualice all special features for a fixture.. if you want to test it, you have to use the colorstrip and connect it to FS
Randy A wrote:Then, looking at the Macros -- for example, when looking at just the one for RED. The value of 15 is inputted on channel 1 & the macro button didnt' work, but after I changed it to channel 2, it did.
it should work. if channel 1 is set to 15 the coolorstip should light the preprogrammed red color. i dont have the colorstrip but according to the manual it has nothing to do with channel 2 thru 4.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
Randy A

Post by Randy A »

Thanks for the reply. I tried to upload the file, but it says that .fxt's are not allowed.

I'm not using 3D viewer, I'm going straight to the light from FS.

I did mistype the channel 1 RGB mode, yes it should be 210-219. I can slide channel 2 up into that range and utilize channel 3 & 4 in RGB, but I'm missing red.

My fixture file lists Channel 1 as a shutter control.

The static colors that should be programmed into channel 1, are programmed into channel 2...or at least that's how the controls in FS are working. I can slide channel 2 sliders up and visually see all the function settings that should be working on channel 1.

I can look at the Macros and understand what they are calling, but because the channel 1 function controls are coming from channel 2, none of the Macros are working.
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

Randy A wrote:Thanks for the reply. I tried to upload the file, but it says that .fxt's are not allowed.
Only exported *.pff files are allowed. (contains everything, fixture file and images).
You can export those pff files in Fixture Creator in the file menu.

Edit: I don't have the time to dive in to the manual and you problem at the moment.
But you should make sure that you adressed the light correctly. So if you think its on channel 1, make sure it is.

Later today I'll look some further together with you. :mrgreen:
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta

Post by dmxlighting »

I have 2 colorstrips and FS bundled profile works just fine.

Are you sure that you fixture is addressed properly? I know they can be a arse to set up sometimes and they often lose there channel numbers after a power off.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Randy A

Post by Randy A »

dmxlighting wrote:I have 2 colorstrips and FS bundled profile works just fine.

Are you sure that you fixture is addressed properly? I know they can be a arse to set up sometimes and they often lose there channel numbers after a power off.
remco_k wrote:
Randy A wrote:Thanks for the reply. I tried to upload the file, but it says that .fxt's are not allowed.
Only exported *.pff files are allowed. (contains everything, fixture file and images).
You can export those pff files in Fixture Creator in the file menu.

Edit: I don't have the time to dive in to the manual and you problem at the moment.
But you should make sure that you adressed the light correctly. So if you think its on channel 1, make sure it is.

Later today I'll look some further together with you. :mrgreen:
Look no further, folks!

I must have fat-fingered my dmx setup on the colorstrip. That's exactly what the problem was. :oops: But, I'm glad this happened. I've never experienced this issue and now will know another avenue to trouble shoot from now on. Thanks for the idea/suggestion.
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

Good that it is solved!

Even the best people makes this error every now and then, especially with dip-switch fixtures. Where most of the time they miscalculate.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Randy A

Post by Randy A »

I'm just happy that it's figured out. I was pulling my hair out (what's left of it) trying to make the darn thing work. I was looking at the Fixture profile and just couldn't see why it wasn't working.
GaryBonaducci
DJ

Post by GaryBonaducci »

Randy A wrote:Could someone be willing to help me figure this out?
Is this Randy with the ten ColorStrips?!?!? :D
Randy A

Post by Randy A »

GaryBonaducci wrote:
Randy A wrote:Could someone be willing to help me figure this out?
Is this Randy with the ten ColorStrips?!?!? :D

No.......well, at least not yet anyways. :D ;)
djharryg
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3635

Post by djharryg »

Does the colorstrip fixture file work for the colorstrip "mini" too??
http://www.HG-Entertainment.com
Interface: Velleman VM116 - K8062 or DMXking ultraDMX Micro
Freestyler: V3.6.35
Laptop: Asus eecpc 120GB HD, 2GB RAM or Alienware Laptop
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

djharryg wrote:Does the colorstrip fixture file work for the colorstrip "mini" too??
try to compare the DMX overviews for the colorstrip and colorstrip mini. if they are the same, you can use the same fixture file
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

... or just try it :)
djharryg
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by djharryg »

Thank you. As soon as they arrive (hopefully today).
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta

Post by dmxlighting »

Without looking at the user manuals I dont know for sure but I would say yes it will work.

Please let us know when you have tried it!
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Onge

Post by Onge »

I have checked the manuals and they are the same.
djharryg
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by djharryg »

Thank you guys. You're the best. LONG LIVE FREESTYLER!!!

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”