These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Incredible... problem whit Eurolite dmx superstrobe 2700

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
load
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Incredible... problem whit Eurolite dmx superstrobe 2700

Post by load »

Hi, i'am new to the forum and not very practical for FS.
I have a problem with a light that should be easy to setup ... a strobe :(
I own a Eurolite dmx superstrobe 2700 I can not run on FS.
In manually use the strobe function properly.
My freestyler used with other lights (moving heads or scanners) does not give problems.
But when I try to use the strobe with freestyler no way to make it work.
The dmx of the strobe work correctly. I tried it with another software of "robe" of a mine friend.
I know that a strobe is a machine apparently easy to set but this I just can not operate. also the dip switches of the strobe I believe I have set correctly by testing also alone.
It would be wonderful if any of you use my own Stobo and could send me the fixture.
Waiting for your help.
Thanks

remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Incredible... problem whit Eurolite dmx superstrobe 2700

Post by remco_k »

Which fixture file are you using?
How have you set the DMX channel dips? (and what is noted in the manual about setting those dips?) -> post that also.
Did you assign the correct DMX channel in FS? (What channel)
What is the DMX channel description of your fixture? (which channel is what, can be found in the manual)

Without all this info I'm afraid we can't help you.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Here is the manual from http://www.eurolite.de/

look at page 27 (English).

XLR Conections:
1: Ground
2: Signal (-)
3: Signal (+)
Make sure you dont have a XLR cable/DMX interface where 2 and 3 are swapped.

Theres is a table in tha manual to show you how to address the fixture for the 10 first DMX channels. try to test the fixture with FS using address 1 to make sure it is not you who is setting the dip switches wrong.
When unpacking the strobe, DIP-switch no. 10 may be set to OFF and the device is in DMX-mode. In the
DMX-mode, the flash frequency and the dimming level cannot be adjusted via the rotary control.
Remember to have dip switch 10 set to OFF for DMX MODE
CH1-FLASH RATE
CH2-INTENSITY
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta

Post by dmxlighting »

I have one of these and it won't respond to DMX if it is addressed much above channel 200. Bit strange - just thought Id mention it.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

dmxlighting wrote:I have one of these and it won't respond to DMX if it is addressed much above channel 200. Bit strange - just thought Id mention it.
I talked to a light technician a week ago. He claimed that some strobes have a bug in the software and cant handle the 9th bit (addresses over 255). is it that we are talking about?
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

An interesting thought! I will dig mine out and see but from memory it is about 255 that it stops responding.

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
load

Post by load »

Thanks to everyone for the many responses. I try to answer all in an orderly.
Read through your suggestions I tried to reverse the polarity of the XLR cable and I have got some results.
The strobo respond to the dmx commands ... but in the wrong way :(
I have 2 channel Brightness and flash rate.
The brightness don't respond ;
The flash rate responds badly......goes against and dont have agradual evolution.
When the brightness is in 0 position and the flash rate is in 255 position the strobe is "almost extinct" in the sense that sometimes makes some flash.
When in this positions (brightness 0 and flash rate 255) i move one of the 2 channels (whatever it is) the strobe works at maximum flash rate and in a random brightness(Most of the time at most).
I don't have idea what is the problem because, i repeat, whit the software "robe" of mine friend the strobo work correctly.
The dip switch is in correct position because i have set it that 1 channel dmx and i ave set in "on" position that switch.
FOR LJ_KREDE.DK:
I have set the dip switch 10 to OFF .... using the adress 1 necessarly i must set to OFF the other dip switch;
FOR DMXLIGHTING:
Could you give me the fixture ... I'd be very grateful.
Meanwhile if you have other suggestions please given me because I have not solved my problem.
Thanks
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

load wrote:FOR DMXLIGHTING:
Could you give me the fixture ... I'd be very grateful.
I'm almost sure its not the fixture file which is the problem. as you said yourself it is a very simple fixture:
channel 1 is flash rate, and channel two is intensity. and from what you said it sounds like there is a problem in the connections. have you tried to use a terminator in the DMX out at the strobe?

but to eliminate your fixture file i have made the Fixture file for the Eruolite DMX Superstrobe 2700. it is not tested but if theDMX overview in the manual is correct I'm quite sure the fixture is working as it should
Last edited by LJ_krede.dk on December 8th, 2009, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

I just use the profile for a Showtec Jumbo strobe and that works fine.

If your strobe is the same as mine then you maight have some dip switches that are to do with mains frequency ?
Without getting mine out to look at, there are definatly 2 switches which if are not set correctly that the fixture will not work or works badly.
It does not show it in the manual but its worth looking at.

load

Post by load »

Thanks for the support ....
FOR LJ_krede.dk: What do you mean by dmx terminator? Simply connect another cable to the DMX OUT of the strobe or is a particular connector? Not know ....
FOR dmxlighting: Those you mean are the switches for the frequency of the current , the terminal not terminal and another that is not specified what use is it if I understood .... I tried to set them in every position without any positive result but when the strobo wos alredy working ... you belive i do that before turning on the strobe or start freestyler?
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

The strobe has a terminator switch on board. Make sure that this is off unless its the last fixture on the chain. (I leave mine off all the time and dont use a terminator unless the total run of comms cables is 100m or more)

From what I remember the frequency switches are relevant for the 50hz (UK Mains) and 60hz (euro??). I do remember that it had to be right or it did not work.

LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

dmxlighting wrote:From what I remember the frequency switches are relevant for the 50hz (UK Mains) and 60hz (euro??).
its 50Hz in Europe as well
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
load

Post by load »

I tried all the positions of the DIP switch and nothing to do ... The strobe does not respond well to commands .... I begin to think that the DMX's strobe is failure :( .... the only thing bothering me is that with the program of my friend was fine .... Believe that using the latest version of FS can change things? For the moment I gave it to my friend who testing it whit a unit .... if it does not work either i threw it away ... thanks for the suppot
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

load wrote:I tried all the positions of the DIP switch and nothing to do ...
So seriously, you tried all 512 (or 1024 when there were 10 switches) different dip switch settings?
Thats madness! (and Russian roulette, only you won't die when you set the switches right, it will work then)
The strobe does not respond well to commands ....
Does it not respond at all , or does it respond somewhat but not good?
I begin to think that the DMX's strobe is failure :(
Or with the combination of your DMX interface. What interface are you using?
.... the only thing bothering me is that with the program of my friend was fine .... Believe that using the latest version of FS can change things?
I don't think so. But you can try. Just make a backup of your current version and install the new one.
aftronica
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by aftronica »

friend you need to jump 2 resistors in side of strobe
in d- and d+ lines
open the xlr in dmx there is the 2 resistors
and then you can put it to work
well work fine with freestyler