These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Fixture file: AMDJ Reflex L.E.D. help

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
djdawg321
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/djkevinkelly

Fixture file: AMDJ Reflex L.E.D. help

Post by djdawg321 »

I started to create a profile for my Reflex light but the part that is causing me difficulties is after I enter the total number of channels (6) it's asking for the values to the right of that....in the manual it's saying values are 0-255 for each channel, etc but Fixturecreator is not allowing me to enter that many numbers in that field.

Also have no idea what to put in the fields that have goboch (doesn't have gobos...just dots) or pan 8 bit, tilt 8 bit...there is nothing in the AMDJ manual about this....

Onge

Re: Fixture file: AMDJ Reflex L.E.D. help

Post by Onge »

It's a strange fixture that, it is basically 2 fixtures in one, as it has 2xmirrors (pan), 2xgobos and 2xstrobe channels.
So what I have done is created a 3 channel fixture, you will need to load two of these per physical fixture.
The Gobo Channel controls the pre-defined patterns/chases, I have just used numbers as the icons, you can change if you so desire.
It do not think it will blackout using the blackout button as it has no shutter/dimmer channel as such.
Need to get a picture of the fixture and put that in as well.

I have not created a fixture for the Easy View program so will not show in that.

It is un-tested, as I do not have the fixture.

Hope it helps,
American DJ Reflex LED DMX.pff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
djdawg321

Post by djdawg321 »

Onge wrote:It's a strange fixture that, it is basically 2 fixtures in one, as it has 2xmirrors (pan), 2xgobos and 2xstrobe channels.
So what I have done is created a 3 channel fixture, you will need to load two of these per physical fixture.
The Gobo Channel controls the pre-defined patterns/chases, I have just used numbers as the icons, you can change if you so desire.
It do not think it will blackout using the blackout button as it has no shutter/dimmer channel as such.
Need to get a picture of the fixture and put that in as well.

I have not created a fixture for the Easy View program so will not show in that.

It is un-tested, as I do not have the fixture.

Hope it helps,
American DJ Reflex LED DMX.pff
Thanks for your help Onge! I'm still having a problem making things work but maybe it's a setting. Here's what I've done...I saved the file and it indeed showed up when I went to setup>add/remove fixtures. When that box opened up I have my colorstrip on the right with the address 1-4. Below that it says Reflex - 2 with the address 5-10. So I set the address on the Reflex itself to "5." Is this right? As I said, it still seems to not be communicating.....thank you again!
Onge

Post by Onge »

djdawg321 wrote: Thanks for your help Onge! I'm still having a problem making things work but maybe it's a setting. Here's what I've done...I saved the file and it indeed showed up when I went to setup>add/remove fixtures. When that box opened up I have my colorstrip on the right with the address 1-4. Below that it says Reflex - 2 with the address 5-10. So I set the address on the Reflex itself to "5." Is this right? As I said, it still seems to not be communicating.....thank you again!
If you are sure your colorstrip is only taking up 4 address then address 5 is your first free address then yes set the Reflex to address 5.
Remember you need to patch 2 fixture files per physical fixture. Each part of the fixture only has 3 channels, so it should occupy, assuming it starts at 5, addresses 5, 6 and 7, then the 2nd part of the fixture should be at addresses 8, 9 and 10. That is one physical fixture loaded.

Try removing the colourstrip from FreeStyler and physically, patch the 1st part of the reflex to address 1 and then the 2nd part of the reflex to address 4. Set the address on the physical Reflex to 1.
Try it and see if that works, if so then set the address of the colorstrip to 7 and patch back into FreeStyler and conect it to your DMX chain.
djdawg321

Post by djdawg321 »

Thank you again Andre for your help...I guess I'm not sure what you mean by patching? I can remove the colorstrip easily enough...so when I go to add fixture should I add TWO reflexes in the right column?
djdawg321

Post by djdawg321 »

Ok well I got it working but almost by accident I think...I tried what you suggested and that wasn't working but suddenly I saw that AMDJ Reflex 1 was available to add and I didn't think it was there before....or maybe it was there when I loaded your file? At any rate the one I was trying before had Reflex - 2 but it didn't have the two mirrors separately....I added Reflex 1 twice and now it's working! I'm trying to figure out how to make each work independently but one step at a time.....
Onge

Post by Onge »

djdawg321 wrote:Ok well I got it working but almost by accident I think...I tried what you suggested and that wasn't working but suddenly I saw that AMDJ Reflex 1 was available to add and I didn't think it was there before....or maybe it was there when I loaded your file? At any rate the one I was trying before had Reflex - 2 but it didn't have the two mirrors separately....I added Reflex 1 twice and now it's working! I'm trying to figure out how to make each work independently but one step at a time.....
Phew thank goodness for that.
As the fixture has been split into 2, each fixture in FreeStyler is it's own mirror.
Alfonso2k
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.1

Re: Fixture file: AMDJ Reflex L.E.D. Help.

Post by Alfonso2k »

Hello, first, my languaje is Spanish, so, sorry if I make mistakes writing. I am using FreeStyler, and I don't know how to create a fixture for American DJ Reflex DMX. Please, I have seen Your Post and I hope You can bring me the fixture done. Thanks You. My Email is <removed@domain.not>. Please send me the fixture if you can. Thanks. I really need it. Good Luck. Alfonso.

[Don't send the fixture file directly to this user, instead post it in this topic so that other users can benefit from it - remco_k]
Last edited by dmxlighting on May 3rd, 2010, 8:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Removed the e-mail address
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mavi »

Can you provide any more Information like the manual or DMX chanel description? Without those it would be realy hard to create the fixtrure file. Also you may take a look at this tutorial http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/fixture_creator There you will finde how to use the fixture creator and to build you owne fixture files. Doing this on your owne is the best way to lern. Perhaps you will try it?

You also should upload a partioal fixture file if you got stuck. Then we can have a look and try to fix it.

[edit]Just saw the manuel you provided in the other post. The only "big" problem I discover: there is no tilt channel but since you have 2 mirrows you have two pan channels. I think you can try to use the pan channel for the left side of the fixture and the tilt channel for the right side.[/edit]

[edit 2]Better Idee (the same as Onge wrote and has been quoted in the second post): Try to create 1 three channel fixture file and use two of them. One for the left side and one for the right side. Otherwise you will run in trouble with 2 strobe channels.[/edit 2]
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

Alfonso2k, I removed your e-mail address from your post. If someone is going to help you out, they should post the fixture file onto this forum, here in this topic so that other users searching for the same can benefit from that also.

And don't worry, your English is pretty good. :)
Please try and have a go in the Fixture creator yourself. You might be able to fix the problem.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
jonny b good
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by jonny b good »

r there some post missing, people r talking to Andre or Onge, who are they, did they create a fixture file and now it gone.
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

Yes, it seams there are posts missing. Thats why I told you to try one you own to build the fixture file :D
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
jonny b good
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by jonny b good »

I have created a fixture profile for this it is here http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... =60&t=2777
Alfonso2k

Post by Alfonso2k »

Thanks for the file, and the helps. I am new in this post so I will make mistakes, sorry for that. I will probe this fixture whit the light. Great Post. :):). Thanks again.
Alfonso2k

Re: Fixture file: AMDJ Reflex L.E.D. Help.

Post by Alfonso2k »

Hello again, Jose Caballero from another post http://www.doctorproaudio.com, made me this fixture for the Reflex Led and works very well. Not is neccessary adds 2 of this. Note: In spite of the Reflex have only the function pan and not have tilt, he add the function pan for the second light in tilt field, this is the reason for we don't have to add two fixtures. Thanks to all of us. <no external download links for *.pff files please, just attach them to your post next time> Is the link of the File. Good Luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by remco_k on May 8th, 2010, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added the fixture profile to this post and removed the megaupload.com download link.
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

Using the tilt field for the pan channel for the second side was my first idea too. But you will run in trouble with this when using the master blackout. If I remember right the FS master blackout function fades all intensity channels to zero. Now you have two intensety channels (for the two lamps). In fixture creator you are able to define only one lamp channel. This means using master blackout will not turn your lights off. Therefore creating two halfs of the fixture seams the best way for me to do.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”