These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

EasyView & Freestyler Steps and Cues - Next Cue View

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
Darkside
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
Twitter: twitter.com/thefloydshow

EasyView & Freestyler Steps and Cues - Next Cue View

Post by Darkside »

Is it possible to make EasyView show what lighting step is coming next as opposed to what is happenning now? I can see what lights I have on now and it would be really handy to have the next cue waiting to see what is about to happen.

Thanks in Advance

Danimal - Darkside

LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: EasyView & Freestyler Steps and Cues - Next Cue View

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

hey darkside, welcome to freestyler

no, there is not such feature in FS.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta

Post by dmxlighting »

Easyview only lets you see the DXM output from FS so it is in affect the same info that is sent to you usb/dmx device and is ONLY ever in real time.

Out of interest what benifit would have from this or are you thinking like a DJ 'cueing up' his next record on headphones?
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

dmxlighting wrote:Easyview only lets you see the DXM output from FS so it is in affect the same info that is sent to you usb/dmx device and is ONLY ever in real time.
if you open the "create sequence" window while running sequences in cue or SM window, the "create sequence" window and 3d viewer will be in oflline mode, and show the step for that sequence which is open in the "create sequence" window
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

LJ_krede.dk wrote:
dmxlighting wrote:Easyview only lets you see the DXM output from FS so it is in affect the same info that is sent to you usb/dmx device and is ONLY ever in real time.
if you open the "create sequence" window while running sequences in cue or SM window, the "create sequence" window and 3d viewer will be in oflline mode, and show the step for that sequence which is open in the "create sequence" window
I forgot about that!

So along with editing sequences during a live show you can use his method to effectivly 'cue up' another sequence (well not 'cue' exactly but preview sequences)

Not exactly what Darkside was after but a reasonable work-around maybe ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Darkside
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
Twitter: twitter.com/thefloydshow

Post by Darkside »

Hi Guys

Thanks for your suggestions I will give it a go.

The reason I ask is I do the lights for a Pink Floyd tribute in the UK and use Freestyler which is excellent.

I use EasyView to run through new material or to refresh the brain.

When doing a live show I work from a script and do not use EV as I can see what is happening on stage. It would be a really handy feature if they could put a 'next step' view on so I can see what is about to happen as you guys probably know lighting a band is never the same two nights on the trot!

If you fancy having a look at our Freestyler results have a look at our Promo on www.darksidefloydshow.com

Cheers Dan
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

I checked out the promo video. Really nice work. Keep it up and please post more videos of your work in action! Thanks!

Shannon
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Dan

You should probably have a chat with Onge (a mod on this forum), he also does lighting for a Pink Floyd tribute band.

Lee

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”