These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Two Cue Lists

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
bucwheat
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Church
Twitter: twitter.com/

Two Cue Lists

Post by bucwheat »

Is it possible to add a second independant cue list to this software. It would be nice to have one to control front lighting independently from back lighting. We use the software in a Live Band situation.

Thanks foe Developing awesome software. :)

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Two Cue Lists

Post by dmxlighting »

You can use submasters to do this.

You have 5 submasters per window and 4 tabs. So a total of 20 submasters can be run at the same time. You can only run one cue per submaster.
Each submaster can have a maximum of 20 cues in it.

Have a look here for more info on submasters - http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... f=6&t=1803

Let me know if you have any more questions
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

As stated above, you can use the Submaster to achieve what you looking for. This is one way to do it, but there are other ways of course:

- create sequences using just the front lights (back lights turned OFF), save and add to cue. Name Cue "Front Lights".
- create sequences using just the back lights (front lights turned OFF), save and add to cue. Name Cue "Back Lights".
- create sequences with all lights using some nicely mixed colors and/or movements, save and add to cue. Name Cue "FAB" (front and back).
- open the Submaster and add the new 3 cues to empty submaster slots. Double click on any of the sequences in the Submaster and your in business.

I'm not sure exactly if your wanting to change the front lights with the back lights completely off or just control them independently Or vice versa. You may want to create sequences called "front lights off" and "back lights off" and add them to the "Front Lights Cue" and the "Back Lights Cue". You may also want to create a global blackout and stick it in the FAB cue. If there is something specific your trying to accomplish, let us know what lights you have and what your goal is. We will try to assist.

It's all up to you how you want things to work. You just have to be creative and use your imagination. The possibilities are endless.
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

Shannon D wrote: The possibilities are endless.
Yes they are. Its only peoples imagination that limits those possibilities!
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”