These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Fixture Help - (Chauvet) LEDsplash/LED-PAR200B

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
newbie84
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Fixture Help - (Chauvet) LEDsplash/LED-PAR200B

Post by newbie84 »

hello,

i think i've nearly got the fixture right, i'm just not too sure about what i need to put in for the the strobe/shutter settings so i'm hoping someone can see where I've gone wrong? at the moment i have no control of light and it just flashes between colours itself.

i've uploaded my draft of the fixture file which can be found here...
http://www.thebrickyardonline.com/freestyler

and the user manual containing all of the DMX info can be downloaded here...
http://www.chauvetlighting.com/products ... ug-124.pdf

if someone could take a few minutes to point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
m

dustin
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Film

Re: Fixture Help - (Chauvet) LEDsplash/LED-PAR200B

Post by dustin »

Hi,

you don't have to do this work.
There's a fixture already available here.
Greetings, Dustin
newbie84

Post by newbie84 »

hi dustin

for some reason this fixture is not working for me.

i downloaded the .pff file and double clicked it, an error message popped up saying 'input past end of file'. the info for the light shows up in fixture creator but when i add it in freestyler, the intensity dosen't work, the strobe dosen't work and it won't go the colour i want it to be

this file has been downloaded 25 times or so and nobody has reported an error s could it be something at my end?
newbie84

Post by newbie84 »

hello again onge

i tried out the fixture file today and it's not working sorry.

i was previously using the 'Chauvet LED Splash Jr.' fixture and this allowed me to control the colours but the intensity and strobe did not work properly.

here's where i'm at so far...
i installed your fixture profile, deleted the Splash Jr's, added the 200B's and set the addresses in freestyler. the 200B's are now taking up an extra channel. going from 83 - 100 to 83 - 101 (i can't remember the exact start address sorry). i changed the pins/addresses on the back on the lights to what Freestyler said they should be and still nothing works, not the colour, intensity, or strobe.

do you think it's a problem with the fixture file or something with the actual DMX addresses i have assigned?

hope you can help
thanks
m
Shannon D
FS is my life
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

Hey guys,

I created the fixture file and it still works perfect for me using 3.2. I have not upraded to 3.28 yet, but will do so next week when I get back home to make sure all is ok in that version.
i changed the pins/addresses on the back on the lights to what Freestyler said they should be and still nothing works, not the colour, intensity, or strobe.
Try swapping the dip switches around. A while back I re-addressed my whole rig. I took a quick glance at what Freestyler said the dip switches should be and nothing worked. It's the way you interpet what should be on = up or off = down (I forgot). Try going back to the original fixture file and swapping the switches on the light. Just a hunch that this may be the problem.

Let us know how it goes.

Shannon
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Shannon is right.. I have been confused many times because I have misunderstood the illustration of the dipswtiches in freestyler.
21-01-2010 09-36-42.png
It is the black rectangles which is the switch. i always think it is the white ones, but they are the "gaps"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LJ_krede.dk on January 21st, 2010, 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

Exactly, I thought the white ones were the switches. All the fixtures I have seen that had dip switches have a red box with white switches. Maybe the colors can be changed in the next rev. This is probably the easiest thing for Raph to change :mrgreen: Or make a note about it in the help file.
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Shannon D wrote:Exactly, I thought the white ones were the switches. All the fixtures I have seen that had dip switches have a red box with white switches. Maybe the colors can be changed in the next rev. This is probably the easiest thing for Raph to change :mrgreen: Or make a note about it in the help file.
yes. when you have white dip switches on fixtures it is logic that the dips in FS have the same colour.

so we agree that it could be great with following changes:

Blue dip switch box --> Red
Black dip switches --> White
White gaps --> black

The only problem is that there will be some users who are used to the current illustration and will get some issues in the beginning
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
newbie84

Post by newbie84 »

so it seems the dip switches had to be the reverse of what Freestyler was telling me. however on some of my other lights the dip switches ARE as freestyler was telling me to set them as and they work fine.

the fixture file...
there's a couple of tweeks i havn't been able to get right after much playing about in fixture creator as i'm still not getting my head around the strobe, shutter and intensity settings sorry. i took a screen shot of the current settings so i can compare them with the amended file should anybody be able to make these adjustments? hopefully then i can see where i'm going wrong

at the moment the intensity is controlling the strobe and the strobe controlling the intensity. using the strobe to control the intensity, 100% turns the light off and 0% is the light at full brightness.

also when i click 'closed' the light just stays open and static with the colour selected from the pallette

thanks for all the help so far, much appreciated

m
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

newbie84 wrote:so it seems the dip switches had to be the reverse of what Freestyler was telling me. however on some of my other lights the dip switches ARE as freestyler was telling me to set them as and they work fine.
that sounds odd. Are you absolutely sure about this??? notice that it is the black rectangles in Freestyler illustration which the white dip switches on your lamp
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
newbie84

Post by newbie84 »

hi onge

you could be on to something here. i've been going off the manual included in the box when i bought the lights but the light itself might be a different model to what was in the box (manufacturer's mistake) or they sent us the wrong manual for the lights?

i'll check the lights tomorrow as well as your other suggestion and keep you posted

many thanks
m
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

If the light is not what you paid for then you have two options:

1. if it is lesser of a light than what you paid for, return it and get the right one or your money back.

2. if it is a better light than what you paid for, then +1 for you and keep it. :mrgreen: Get the right manual and we will help you get it going.

Atleast we know we got somewhere with the addressing and the light works.
newbie84

Post by newbie84 »

hi folks

the fixtures are definitely chauvet LEDsplash 200B, or that's what the stickers say on them at least. i bought them ages ago and it's only now i'm getting familiar with freestyler so i will be unable to take them back

i've changed the strobe channel to 5 and intensity to 6 so at least i can control the lights to a degree

remaining problems...
when you click open it makes the strobe 100%

closed does nothing

the intensity; 100% = off and 0% = full.
i changed the 'min' to 255 and 'max' to 0 but then i cannot control the light at all

and the blackout works on all lights except these LED's

surely all 8 lights can't be faulty? anybody got any suggestions?

:?

thanks
m
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

Here are print screens of my 200B set up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

If you not have any values for the shutter, it will work on the same channel as strobe
Last edited by LJ_krede.dk on January 23rd, 2010, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

I notice you have intensity set at 255 min an 0 for max ? Is that how it works as it is not clear in the manual just gives a range of 0-255.
When I pulled up the file, I questioned that myself. But yes, that's correct. It just looks odd. Channel 6 is a dimmer channel for that light. So at 0, it is full intensity. The more you increase channel 6, the light dims. 255 turns the light off.
200B DMX values.JPG
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

LJ_krede.dk wrote:If you not have any values for the shutter, it will work on the same channel as strobe

set shutter ch to 6,
close to 0
open to 255

then it shouldnt strobe when pressing the open button
That won't work with this light, as described in my earlier post. Channel 6 is a dimmer channel. If set like you mentioned, the light would turn off when the open button is pressed.

The way I use the light, I don't open or close the shutter, it's not programmed that way. I mainly use my macros or the sliders when programming or running the lights on the fly. For a black out of that light (or shutter close), I have a macro. For strobing, I have macros set at the interval that I liked. My personal preference is to only open the macro window and have all the control I want without opening all the other windows. For my global Black Out, I created a single step sequence with all my lights blacked out and saved it to my Favorite button. I don't use the black out button on the tool bar for nothing. It works for me.
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Shannon D wrote:
LJ_krede.dk wrote:f you not have any values for the shutter, it will work on the same channel as strobe

set shutter ch to 6,
close to 0
open to 255

then it shouldnt strobe when pressing the open button
That won't work with this light, as described in my earlier post. Channel 6 is a dimmer channel. If set like you mentioned, the light would turn off when the open button is pressed.
Yes, I know that now, after Onge and you mentioned the dimmer channel was inverse. Then you just swap the values:
Close: 255
Open: 0
Shannon D wrote: The way I use the light, I don't open or close the shutter, it's not programmed that way. I mainly use my macros or the sliders when programming or running the lights on the fly. For a black out of that light (or shutter close), I have a macro. For strobing, I have macros set at the interval that I liked. My personal preference is to only open the macro window and have all the control I want without opening all the other windows. For my global Black Out, I created a single step sequence with all my lights blacked out and saved it to my Favorite button. I don't use the black out button on the tool bar for nothing. It works for me.
Fair enough :)
this is another reason to make all your fixture files yourself. you can customize your fixture files so they work as you prefer and for your purpose. maybe other people wants it differently

but if you want to use the global blackout button you have to define the close value for shutter in the fixture file. for fixture without a shutter(channel) you just define the shutter to the same channel as dimmer and the blackout would work.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

I created that fixture file back in 2008. Yep, there are more than one way to skin a cat ;) That's what cool about the fixture creator. Your the boss and you make the light work for you the way you want it to.

Ok Newbie84 (M), we need an update. Did you get that thing going yet?
newbie84

Post by newbie84 »

hi folks

i won't be able to test the fixture file for a day or two but once i have i'll let you know how i get on

thanks for all the help
m

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”