These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

URGENT! Need help for LED Devil JB System

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
Wörnsi
Knows how to turn Lights ON
Twitter: twitter.com/

URGENT! Need help for LED Devil JB System

Post by Wörnsi »

Could anyone help me to create a fixture for the LED Devil? I had trying but i could not make it. It's very urgent because i need it for today to control our light at our reopening party. I want use Free Styler for it, but ei need the fixture. A big PLEASE to you!!!

Best greatings from the tyrolian mountains,

Wörnsi :fs:

matt
Admin
FreeStyler Version: NULL
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/hankosky

Re: URGENT! Need help for LED Devil JB System

Post by matt »

What Version is the Unit?
If you request a Fixture to be created, you need to include some basic info.. Make, Model, Version, Link to Website, Manual Link, etc..

Also, You should upload what you have created already, you may just have one little thing wrong and we can help you make it.

What Happens when you use it?

Is this it?
http://www.beglec.com/#product=leddevil;language=EN
Matt Hankosky
twitter.com/hankosky
flickr.com/photos/mattxhank
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

Wörnsi wrote: A big PLEASE to you!!!
You would have helped us (and thereby yourself) if you had uploaded the fixture file you've made so far (export it from the fixture creator) and posted the DMX channel description as well as the manual.

As can be read in the forum rules in red at the top of your screen. Nobody is going to make it for you from out of nothing. But we will help you creating it yourself.

You might want to read this: Can't find your fixture in FreeStyler or on this forum?
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
Wörnsi

Post by Wörnsi »

Hi remco_k, hi matt!

Thank you for the reply. Sorry i thought i sendet the manual with my post. Obviously i was to tired.

Yes Matt this is it.

After my try of the fixturw dosnt work, i throwd it away. I upload now the manual with the descriptions of the DMX channels. Maybe you can do a fixture for me it would be great, thank you!

Gretzzz, Wörnsi

I don't no why but i can not upload the file (filesize?). This i the link to the LED Devil and the manual. Damn is this complicated, sorry!
http://www.beglec.com/#product=leddevil;language=EN
Wörnsi

Post by Wörnsi »

Hi again!

I found the fixture in the trashbox ;0) but now i can not upload it because the page says "The file extension is not allowed FXT"

My FreeStyler is vers. 2.96j

Gretzzz, Wörnsi
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

1) open the fxt file in FixtureCreator.
2) select File --> export
3) save the pff file and upload it to the forum
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
Wörnsi

Post by Wörnsi »

So i did :0)

Hope it will help! There are so many colors possible with the led devil more then i can make in the fixture creator ...

Gretzzz, Wörnsi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

To bad this fixture has no seperate RGB channels, so you need to predefine the colors as stated in the manual.

The color channel is 2, so fill that in at the "1st color channel", according to the manual there are 32 colors, so set it to 32 (or the number you want to create).
Also you need to set the shutter channel 1. You filled 255 in for shutter open. That is wrong. I see in the manual: dimmer value 0=0ff, 199= slow strobe, so 198 is full on.
Strobe channel is also 1. Strobe off should not be 248, but same as the full on: 198.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

remco_k wrote:Also you need to set the shutter channel 1. You filled 255 in for shutter open. That is wrong.
well, the value 255 is not completely wrong, is it? Yes 198 is full on but in the manual it says that value 248-255 is OPEN. or is it me who is misunderstanding the DMX configuration?
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

LJ_krede.dk wrote:
remco_k wrote:Also you need to set the shutter channel 1. You filled 255 in for shutter open. That is wrong.
well, the value 255 is not completely wrong, is it? Yes 198 is full on but in the manual it says that value 248-255 is OPEN. or is it me who is misunderstanding the DMX configuration?
255 is full on indeed, as is 198. But when people are going to use the intensity slider in FS, it should slide the corresponding channel from 0 to 198. Not from 0 to 255 as there are strobes in the middle of that.
I thought I'd leave out the explanation as I'm thinking it is hard enough for the topcistarter as it is. :mrgreen:
On the other side; this could help him understand more of how things work in the world of DMX controlled lighting.
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

I see your point. but Maybe i'm just picky (and confuse Wörnsi more than necessary)

in fixture creator you set the value for shutter Open, and closed. futhermore you set the intensity min (0) and max (198). if you set the shutter open to 255 it wont affect the dimmer which only will be on the values 0-198 and not slide through the values for Strobe.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

Thats true, I missed that. Still I know there is a problem with that (thats why I pointed it out) and thinking it all along it just got to me:
Its a problem when creating (for example) a sequence on step 0 shutter closed, step 1 shutter open (in your example 255, in mine 198).
Now if one makes the channel fading (not snap), it will fade in, then start strobing and ending with full on. Could be nice to see, but not the way it should. :mrgreen:
Ofcourse this only happens when using the shutter button "open" when creating the sequence.
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

ok, I stand corrected. i've tested it and if you press the open/closed as the first thing when programming a sequence, its not problem. the channels are set to snap automatically. however if you use the intensity slider first the channel is set to fade, and dont change if you press the open/close buttons. maybe this is a "bug" in FS but it only happens when you set a shutter and a dimmer on same channel. (you never use the shutter channel in fade)
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Wörnsi

Post by Wörnsi »

Hi Guys!

Thanks a lot for your trying to help. I think i'm to silly for it. I did try it on the way you told me but when i want to save it I get the message "please fill in all color value" I dont no why this happens. And also i dont understand all the possible preferences like: enable CMY/RGB 1. cholorch, 2, colorch, red, green, blue channel, etc. I give up :0((

Is it possible for you to create a pff for me that I can use and post it here? That would be very great because i have no idea how i could handle it.

Sorry and thanks.

Beats and Greatzzz from the Tyrolien Mountains,

Wörnsi
Wörnsi

Post by Wörnsi »

Onge wrote:
Wörnsi wrote:Hi Guys!

Thanks a lot for your trying to help. I think i'm to silly for it. I did try it on the way you told me but when i want to save it I get the message "please fill in all color value" I dont no why this happens. And also i dont understand all the possible preferences like: enable CMY/RGB 1. cholorch, 2, colorch, red, green, blue channel, etc. I give up :0((

Is it possible for you to create a pff for me that I can use and post it here? That would be very great because i have no idea how i could handle it.

Sorry and thanks.

Beats and Greatzzz from the Tyrolien Mountains,

Wörnsi
What that means is you have told fixture creator that the fixture has n amount of colours and then on the Colour tab you have to fill all the values in for each of the colours in numerical order.
Have a look at any other fixture that has a colour wheel tab so you can see what I mean. The same goes if you have something that has gobos. You need to tell the system what value is set for each colour/gobo so you can just click an icon to choose that colour or gobo.

Hi Onge,

okay i think i got the idea but I have 32 colors and the only description in the manual is 000 - 007 color 01, 008 - 015 colour 02, 016 - 023 colour 03, ... do i have to figure out wath color they are by try it out or is there also another way?

The next point i don't now is, how can i control the rotation? I did it in the way i post in the attached file (With the Goboch., i didn't find an other place to adjust it !?!?!) Please take a look on it and tell me if i'm on the right way :0)

Thanks for moment and i'm looking forward to read from you. Best wishes,

Wörnsi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

Wörnsi wrote: Hi Onge,

okay i think i got the idea but I have 32 colors and the only description in the manual is 000 - 007 color 01, 008 - 015 colour 02, 016 - 023 colour 03, ... do i have to figure out wath color they are by try it out or is there also another way?
You have to figure that out. There is no way of doing that automacly, unless the unit is controlled with RGB values. And its not, unfortunately.
The next point i don't now is, how can i control the rotation? I did it in the way i post in the attached file (With the Goboch., i didn't find an other place to adjust it !?!?!) Please take a look on it and tell me if i'm on the right way :0)
I just looked quickly in the manual, the unit has no gobo, so leave the gobo channel, nr and rotation fields blank.
Just make sure that on the channels description tab all your channels are named correctly as you see those names later on in FS and they should make sense.
So channel 3 should be named: Rotation.
But, at the end, the name of the channel does not matter. It will still function as described in the manual of your fixture. Its just for people to quickly know that the channel is, for example, a rotation control. Instead of named (e.g.) "Channel 3" which would not make sense at all.

If you want to predefine some rotation values, use the macros tab for it. But stay off there until you've got it all under control and can control the unit from FreeStyler without having strange undefined problems.

Looked at your fixture file as well:
Set the shutter open value to 199 (instead of 255, read earlier posts why), OR add the intensity channel (1) min:0, max:199.
Wörnsi

Post by Wörnsi »

I changed it like you said. But now i have no Rotation button to control the rotation because there is no rotationtab, hmmm How can I get it.
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta

Post by dmxlighting »

Onge wrote:Put the number of the rotation channel in the "gobo rot. 1" field within Fixture Creator. As pointed to by the big red arrow in the following picture.

The above is an example, use your rotation channel.
Can you make the arrow flash?? Will it do RGB ? what channel is rotate on ?? - :lol:

Loving you work Andre!!
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”