These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

X Factor Scene

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

X Factor Scene

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hey,

I'm trying to program a little mini X factor scene type of thing, where the lights just move around the room on and off etc. I was wondering if anyone had tried this and had any luck? Got any tips? I keep trying to do it but something is always seems to go wrong.

I'm hoping to program it with 2 moving heads (maybe 5) and 4 scanners, to the best I can. Anyone done it?

//Nathan

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: X Factor Scene

Post by djSupport »

Create 2 sequences... one for movement of all the lights and then one that just operates the on and off of the beam...
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

Then enable 'cue multiselect' in the options and run both at the same time :)
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

The benefit then is when your light moves from x - y using the 'fade' speed but you have an independantly controllable fade speed on the light if that makes sense!
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

djSupport wrote:The benefit then is when your light moves from x - y using the 'fade' speed but you have an independantly controllable fade speed on the light if that makes sense!
Explain...I don't quite understand :?

//Nathan

EDIT: I'm planning on doing this by submasters or cuelist so that I can just flick it on and off when I need to.
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

Lets say your light moves from left to right thats two steps and you want to control the speed so you set them to fade! step 1 you just program the light so its pointing to the left you set no other options (So everything is 'off' and the movement is set as 'fade;) then on your second step you do the same but move the light to its right, now when creating this you can set the fade and scene time as you need to control the speed at which it goes from left to right yes?

but how do you make your fixtures flash light in a pattern that is independent of the speed at which it moves?

i.e. if you program it while programming the movement your restricting the speed to that of how fast you want the light to move!

So you create a new sequence and lets say have the light flash on and off like a strobe so create two steps one step on one step off but set these as snap so its not fading but when you play it it will flash at the speed of the scene time. so now if you run them both in the cue at the same time you can control the speed of the movement and independently control the speed of the light flashing!

I look at my text and it looks complicated how I've said it but if you paid me petrol lol I could be in chesterfield within an hour and a half!

The effect would look better with more lights imagine 8 moving heads that you have programmed to randomly move about panning and tilting, every pan and tilt could have the light coming on and off but if you do the light part separately you could have each light light up for a split second and then move onto the next a bit like a chase and because its independent of the movement you could have that light pattern fast slow or whatever but have the movement at a set constant speed
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

I think the submasters do the same thing but thats how you do it... im not a submasters expert :(
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Thanks djsupport.

I understand it alot better now :) I'm gonna probably have to miss it on this event as I've not really got the fixtures to make it work properly. But I'll have a play around and see what I can come up with, with the fixtures I have available to me

//Nathan
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

Have fun!

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”