These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Problem with LED heads

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
timbim
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Problem with LED heads

Post by timbim »

I'm having a bit of an odd problem with LED parcans in Easy View.

I started by creating a profile for my LEDJ Stratos wash and Slimline 229 heads in FS, very easy. I'm certain that they're correctly defined, the DMX map is set out below if that helps. Easy View contains profiles for both heads already, with both 3 and 6 channel modes for the stratos, so I created FS profiles for both as well. I can patch them fine, and the 3 channel stratos mode works fine. However for the slimlines and the 6 channel stratos mode, both of which have a strobe attribute, I get a really strange problem. I only get any beam showing if the strobe is on, if I turn the strobe all the way down on either fixture, when I bring the strobe to the bottom of its range, I get no beam, not a solid beam as the fixture should do. Experimenting, I found the same problem with the Chauvet Colourado (which has a strobe), but not with the Stairville LED Par56 (which doesn't). I'm beginning to see a pattern here, in that easy view is unhappy with LED heads with strobe attributes. I'm happy enough to butcher the profiles in Easy View to remove the strobe, but I don't know how. Is there a tutorial anywhere?

Alternatively, is there another way to fix this?

DMX Maps:
Slimline: 1- Dimmer | 2 - Strobe | 3 - Red | 4 - Green | 5 - Blue | 6 - Amber | 7 - Various macros
Stratos 3ch: 1 - Red | 2 - Green | 3 - Blue
Stratos 6ch: 1 - Red | 2 - Green | 3 - Blue | 4 - Colour macro | 5 - Strobe from DMX 16 | 6 - Macros

gothambeat
DJ
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Problem with LED heads

Post by gothambeat »

I'm seeing the same effect on ADM Mega Par Profiles. There is a Strobe channel with the following values:
0-15 - Strobe OFF
16-255 - Variable strobe slow to fast

Is there a 3d fix for this. ALl other functions and preset colors seem to work fine.

I"m attaching the profile
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”